- NZD $120,000 - 130,000 per annum
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Property & Real Estate, Development
- 12th April 2019
- Job Type
MATES in Construction is a charity established in Australia in 2008 to directly address and reduce the high level of suicide among Australian construction workers. They are unique in that they foster ownership and control of the program with the Australian building and construction industry.
The MATES in Construction program is looking to expand its reach to New Zealand and are looking to hire a General Manager to pilot the program based in Auckland.
The General Manager MATES in Construction NZ will lead and coordinate the collective partnership effort to reduce suicide in the New Zealand Construction Industry. This will be done through strategic management, strong leadership and leveraging of relationships and knowledge of the Construction industry, employer associations and other industry and government stakeholders.
- Grow the footprint of MATES in Construction NZ throughout the New Zealand construction industry in accordance with agreed strategic objectives.
- Growing a sustainable funding base
- Management and leadership of the MATES in Construction NZ team.
- Maintaining governance standards and policies
- Maintaining and developing national funding and sponsorship agreements
- Building relationships and collaborating with external national stakeholders
- Financial management, budget creation and P&L analysis
- Rollout of the MATES in Construction New Zealand Pilot program, including delivery of training workshops on site
- Establishing and coordination of the pilot program evaluation, including liaison with the academic institutions involved the evaluation.
- Attending networking events, public speaking and hosting events
- Development and evaluation of training material
- Board reporting, coordination and support.
The role will report to the MATES Australia CEO, and MATES in Construction NZ Board.
To Be Considered:
- A working relationship with and demonstrated understanding of the New Zealand construction industry and its stakeholders – including Employers, Unions and Government
- Relevant tertiary or other suitable marketing, business or communications qualifications.
- Demonstrated experience working within the sector using a partnership, strengths-based and client-centred approach
- Ability to deliver programs effectively and be comfortable speaking in public
- Knowledge and experience in training/facilitation
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a team, with highly developed problem-solving abilities.
This opportunity plays a critical role helping realise the vision of a suicide-free New Zealand Construction Industry. Improved mental health and wellbeing outcomes for workers and their families will be achieved through quality programs, education, professional support, capacity building and research.
To be considered for this vitally important role please click the apply button or if you require more information please contact Matt Donnelly on 09 303 9093