Head of Compliance
- GBP65000.00 - GBP68000.00 per annum
- UK, North East & Yorkshire
- Property & Real Estate, Affordable Housing
- 2nd July 2018
- Job Type
Head of Compliance
Tyne & Wear
Competitive salary & benefits package
My client is a reputable charitable Housing Association providing affordable homes, support and care across Tyne & Wear. They are currently seeking an experienced Head of Compliance to lead on the implementation of a new compliance function within the group.
Day to day role responsibilities will require you to:
- Create and establish process and procedures to ensure compliance and adherence to regulations.
Identifies, classifies and reports deviations, as appropriate and typically works on more complex minor and/or major deviations.
- Provide assurance within our business for the increased focus on health and safety as well as offering this as an additional service to the market.
- Works closely with others to determine root cause and potential preventative/corrective actions.
- Responsible for providing quality oversight to the change management system for change controls. This includes providing plan creation oversight, verifying that changes and adhere to regulatory compliance.
- Ensures all specifications are met and that applicable requirements are completed and accepted.
- Participate in quality oversight of and real-time observations of activities
- Work closely with others to recognise opportunities for improvement and drive change through the use of Quality systems.
- Participate in internal audits for compliance
- Carry out legionella inspections and provide findings, feedback and actions
- Asbestos surveys carry out management / refurbishment / demolition surveys as well as reviewing what works have been done and provide feedback
- Carry out gas assurance audits on both our supply chain and in house gas engineers.
- Carry out electrical assurance audits on both our supply chain and in house electricians.
- Approve and respond to compliance issues, identify and rectify any trends
Please apply online with your most recent CV. If you would like to discuss the opportunity in further detail, please contact Dave Skimming on 0161 457 0113