Head of Development
- Negotiable + plus benefits and package
- UK, Buckinghamshire
- Property & Real Estate, Development
- 9th December 2019
- Job Type
I am working with one of the regions leading housing associations and residential developers to recruit an experienced Head of Development to lead their expanding New Build and Regeneration team. You will be integral in helping the organisation realise its ambitious development programme to build new homes for the local community.
Salary; £60 - £70k plus package and bonus (depending on experience and level).
Essential skills and experience:
- Manage schemes from identification, viability to practical completion and handover
- Leading, developing and managing a team of Project Managers and Project Co-ordinators
- Seek out new development opportunities through a variety of means
- Build strong relationships with developers, council representatives and political leaders in order to further the aims of the development programme
- Demonstrable collaboration, stakeholder management, negotiation and influencing skills at all levels
- Writing and presenting reports to the Development Committee, Board and other groups for approval
- Demonstrate good financial and commercial acumen, including associated risk management skills
- Carry out pre-planning public consultation on new developments
- Appoint consultants (e.g. architects, cost consultants, employers' agents, planning consultants, and solicitors)
- Act as client during the development process
- Experience with project business plans / appraisal models
- Ideally from within the affordable housing/property development sector with responsibility for budgets, resources and service delivery
- Experience of the planning process and submission of planning applications for residential development.
- Experience of acquiring land, procuring works, tendering and managing contracts.
- You will have delivered high quality development schemes with practical knowledge of planning requirements, procurement methods and construction delivery
- Have a relevant property or construction qualification and have or be studying towards professional qualifications with the RICS, CIOB, APM or other relevant qualifications
- Have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for business.
What sets them apart from other house-builders is that their 100% of their profits are reinvested in affordable homes - as well as delivering the homes people need and they care about building stronger communities.
This role is an ideal opportunity to work for a community driven, expanding organization with a social conscience, working towards their goal of providing high-quality homes to those who need it most. They have exciting plans which you will be heavily involved in the delivery of.
If you have experience of development within a housing association or residential developer related environment, please submit your CV or call 0207 478 2526 for further discussion.