Head of Health and Safety
- GBP65000 - GBP70000.00 per annum + car allowance + bonus + benefits
- UK, London
- Property & Real Estate, Facilities Management
- 17th August 2018
- Job Type
Cobalt is representing a well established SME development business that has a big focus on long term investments by taking historic or disused sites and converting them into thriving commercial and residential communities. As they grow, they are looking to implement a management structure for the active management of the portfolio as they seek to build off the foundations of their current industry success - hence the creation of the brand new role. This unique opportunity will see you audit, evaluate and look to continually improve the H&S provision across the expanding portfolio and give lots of strategic influence into the business going forward.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Advising on site specific H&S issues, including accident and emergency management;
- Audit programme to OHS 18001, OHS 45001 for development, investment and internal office sites;
- Chairing board meetings for H&S matters, advising department heads on strategy and updating the Board;
- Developing and updating internal H&S policy, procedure and training programmes;
- Reviewing and auditing approved contractors;
- Creation and management of documentation to improve and streamline H&S management matters on all sites;
- Overseeing the H&S training programmes for internal and external staff.
This position will ideally be based out of London but our client does have regional offices in Yorkshire. Due to the nature of the role, this will require occasional but not frequent travel across the UK wide portfolio. You will have had an active involvement with health and safety in both an occupational and construction environment. As this is a newly created position, this role is a chance to create and innovate the health and safety provision across a growing business that is making national news due to the scope and creativity of their projects and budding portfolio.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online with your CV today