Head of Property Management
- UK, Midlands
- Property & Real Estate, Property Management
- 13th March 2020
- Job Type
Head of Property Management
Competitive salary & benefits package
Our client is delivering one of the largest infrastructure projects in the UK and the Land & Property team have an immediate requirement for a Head of Property Management. You will be responsible for the complete management of the portfolio of properties acquired by the group on behalf of a key internal department.
Day to day responsibility will include:
- Oversee and lead the specification and selection process for appointment, retention and management of the Group's property managing agents to ensure the day to day delivery of high-quality estate management including monitoring through monthly reports and KPI's performance on lettings, rent collection, maintenance, repair and disposals
- Ensure that all pre-acquisition procedures are completed in a timely and accurate manner and the management of properties through the appointed agents including evaluation and instruction of repair and maintenance works and monitoring and budgeting of fees and expenses is undertaken within group policy and commercial guidelines
- Take ownership of all property and management related information that is developed or influenced by the scope of work undertaken and ensure complete and accurate data is recorded in the team's systems in an efficient and effective manner
- Monthly reports to be provided detailing financial reports and forecasts including monthly income and costs statements
- Manage the budget for the assets, rentals and expenses, according to the group's existing financial policies
- Provide support to senior members of the internal and external team as required on property management matters and deputise for the Head of Property Services as required
- Participate as necessary in consultation events to explain aspects of the compensation schemes to members of the public, stakeholders or interested groups
- Build strong and ongoing relationships with colleagues from within different departments
- Give regular input into the production of management reports from the team to corporate governance bodies
- Lead the sales process for the properties not required for the project
- Ensure all land and buildings in the property portfolio comply with Health and Safety regulations and that the group's Health and Safety policies and processes ensuring CDM are fully implemented
Its is envisaged that the appointed Head of Property will possess the following experience:
- A proven track record in the management of large mixed portfolio of properties (commercial, residential, and agricultural) with responsibility for budgeting and forecasting income and expenditure.
- Practical application of CDM regulations for the purposes of construction works.
- Experience of commissioning work from/working with professional advisers and consultants including solicitors and chartered surveyors
- Experience of managing suppliers (property managers and letting agents) and supplier appointment, monitoring and performance management
- Experience of supervising the disposal of property assets
- Line management experience and of leading and developing a team to reach its full potential
My client is offering an attractive salary and reward package. Please apply online with your most recent CV, highlighting your suitability for this post.