Home-Based Residential Property Manager
- UK, North West
- Property & Real Estate, Residential
- 9th July 2019
- Job Type
Home-Based Residential Property Manager
Portfolio based North-West (Manchester, Liverpool, Cheshire)
Hours 9am-5:30pm, Monday to Friday
My client, a family-owned and run business, are looking for a Property Manager to oversee their North-West portfolio. As a business they manage some 6,000 units across the UK and due to a recent acquisition they are now on the lookout for experienced and exceptional people to join their expanding team. They are headquartered in London and so this role will be home/site based.
You will be the Property Manager to the Residential Blocks/Commercial Properties within your dedicated portfolio. You will provide a cost effective, efficient, customer focused service whilst maintaining client retention.
- Keep up to date with legislation and demonstrate an awareness of approaching changes and major case law. Pre-empt legislative issues which may affect the properties under your control ensuring that team members share the knowledge
- Be able to read and understand leases from many perspectives and foresee likely issues arising from individual leases. Ensure any direct reports understand a lease, coaching and mentoring where necessary
- Day to day management of your property portfolio, proactively developing service levels across the portfolio to exceed client expectations, advising client of management set-up
- Respond to all correspondence within a suitable time period as per the SLA
- Ensure that team members demonstrate and apply an understanding of all the agreements in place including legislation and codes of practice
- You should regularly visit the properties in your portfolio and to carry out a thorough site inspection on each
- Carry out viewings on commercial or residential properties instructed on, to let on behalf of the clients
- Follow up all visits with a site inspection report
- Always make sure residents are aware of a visit, so it will allow them to talk to you if necessary and promote your regular visits
- To keep up-to-date with best practice it is recommended that you study the Landlord and Tenant Acts 1985 and 1987, particularly S20 and L&T 1985, the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002, and documents from ARMA, IRPM, IOSH etc.
- Ensure only approved contractors are instructed. Regularly monitor service delivery of contractors. No orders to contractors outside statutory limits unless consultation procedures followed
- Regularly liaise with the Insurance Administrator to ensure you are aware of any claims, and ensure claims are dealt with in a timely manner
- While carrying out site inspections, identify any potential insurance risks across your portfolio
- Work together with Credit Control and Purchase Ledger departments on queries and always have an understanding of the accounting process entailed when chasing debt or paying contractors
- Personal Work Planning and Time Management
- Introduce innovative ways to improve and to anticipate and alleviate potential problems. Put measures in place to prevent problems recurring and ensure speedy progress and problem resolution
- Attend regular meetings to update team and encourage other team members to contribute
- Constantly review record keeping procedures for self and team, implementing changes as required
- Ensure that accurate and timely records are kept i.e. work orders, visit reports, holiday notes etc.
- IRPM qualifications are desirable but not essential
- Experience of block management is ESSENTIAL
- Driving Licence is ESSENTIAL
- Excellent communication skills and customer service ethic
- Being able to communicate with all relevant parties in an understandable and professional manner
- Problem solving and creativity
- Decision making
- Ability to manage own time and work autonomously
- High levels of organisation and a methodical approach
Salary is dependent on experience and the package will include car allowance, a company laptop and mobile phone, and support through relevant, industry qualifications.
We anticipate a high number of applications for this role so please stand out from the crowd by sending supporting statement of why you would be the perfect candidate for this position.