Land Acuqision Manager (m/w) - Logistics & Light Industrial
- Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen
- Property & Real Estate, Project Development
- 21st September 2018
- Job Type
Our client own, develop and manage industrial real estate all around the world including logistics facilities, warehouses and business parks. With over $ 30 bn assets under management, our client has one of the biggest portfolios in this market and is best known as one of the most innovative and dominating players.
- Identify potential locations for the new development of logistic buildings in Germany as well as doing the suitability and acquisition test (due diligence) of developed and undeveloped properties
- Create utilization plans, process market research and site analyses
- Liaise with authorities, both on a district and local level (business development agencies, mayor, and planning department)
- Control external consultants (lawyers), technical planers (architects) and order appraisals (noise, soil, measurement, species protection, etc.)
- Conduct contract negotiations with prospective sellers in close coordination with our internal legal department until the notarized signature is on the contract
- Monitor the execution of the contract in regard to costs, deadlines, fulfilment of contractual agreements such as partition surveys, registration of easements, construction risks, etc. until the performance of the contract is complete
- Close urban development contracts and neighbouring agreements
- Support the internal property management and sales team with the further development of the property portfolio
- Close collaboration with the technical team and including the financial follow up.
- Proactively identify prospective and previously untapped business opportunities to canvass, and respond to inbound enquiries.
- Search for acquisition or joint venture opportunities.
- Deepening of current client relationships and extension of business networks.
- Carry out market research on competitors, customers and market trends.
- Providing regular progress updates and accurate reporting to the Head of Development.
- Holding a technical and/or legal, urban development, or business administration degree.
- Additional training in architecture, industrial engineering or an interdisciplinary real estate study would be a plus.
- Has years of prior experience in the location and market conform development of complex properties or zoning projects.
- Fundamental knowledge of contraction planning law and building regulations are also a must, as well as expert knowledge in site selection and verification.
- Experience with selecting, subcontracting and coordinating external specialized engineers has also been gathered by the ideal candidate.
- This position demands the ability to coordinate and work on several projects simultaneously during the initialization phase.
- Furthermore, an extensive Germany-wide regional market network is an important selection criteria.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) as well as native language(s).
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior big company executives.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Confident negotiator and ability to ‘close the deal’.
- Able to provide solutions to complex problems and to manage complex relationships and transactions.
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize work schedule, respond professionally to and meet tight deadlines.
- Results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analysing new business opportunities.
- An outgoing and creative personality, daring to think out-of-the-box
Did we catch your interest?
Please send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us +49 (0) 211 93 672 734 quoting reference number PG/1280052 to receive further information regarding this role.