- GBP50000.00 - GBP60000.00 per annum + plus benefits
- UK, Midlands
- Property & Real Estate, Social Housing
- 12th March 2020
- Job Type
I am working with a leading housing association to recruit a Land Manager to join their expanding New Business team. You will assist in the achievement of continued growth targets, be integral in helping the organisation realise its ambitious development programme to build new homes for the local community.
Salary; £50,000 - £60,000 plus package and excellent benefits (Financial and Non-Financial)
Location; West Midlands
Essential skills and experience:
- Develop and deliver new business opportunities
- Maintain and secure a pipeline of development opportunities to deliver housing growth targets and the aims.
- Carry out initial feasibility and submit offers for new land opportunities.
- Manage the due diligence and financial appraisal process for new land opportunities.
- Manage the process of contractually securing new land opportunities.
- Identify and deliver opportunities to make better use of existing assets and landholdings
- Research and understand the dynamics of the local housing market housing need, demand, competitor activity, land supply to evaluate land and development opportunities.
- Agree heads of terms and obtain the requisite Board approvals and instruct solicitors
- Have a good track record in land acquisition, ideally having acquired a variety of sites.
- Significant and identifiable track record in land acquisition, ideally having acquired a variety of sites.
- Substantial experience in housing development projects either in the affordable housing or private housing development sector
- Experience of leading stakeholder negotiations and presenting project plans to a wide range of audiences
- Experience of undertaking financial appraisals, option appraisals, seeing projects through planning and effectively managing project risk
- Desirable qualification in a relevant property related discipline.
What sets them apart from other house-builders is that their profits are reinvested in affordable homes - as well as delivering the homes people need and they care about building stronger communities.
This role is an ideal opportunity to work for a community-driven, expanding organization with a social conscience, working towards their goal of providing high-quality homes to those who need it most. They have exciting plans which you will be heavily involved in the delivery of.
If you have experience of development within a housing association or residential developer related environment, please submit your CV or call Matthew Mullin 0207 478 2526 for further discussion.