Lead Acquisition Manager
- GBP55000 - GBP65000 per annum + Plus benefits
- UK, Midlands
- Property & Real Estate, Corporate Property & Real Estate
- 8th May 2019
- Job Type
We are working with one of the UK's leading infrastructure group's who are looking to recruit a proven Acquisitions Manager to lead a small team of surveyors from their hub in central Birmingham.
This role will support the the next phase of this national project, ensuring that all aspects of the land acquisition programme is delivered in a timely manner for the successful start of the build programme. Key role requirements will include:
- Lead the acquisition team, setting objectives, reviewing performance and ensuring staff have the necessary skills and understanding to deliver the team's objectives
- Develop and own the strategy for the delivery of the acquisition programme across the region which identifies the risks, opportunities and potential benefits that can be delivered by Property team on behalf of the client
- Lead the acquisition of land required for the implementation of the project in the region, ensuring all compensation is negotiated to settlement within policy, guidelines and budget parameters so that land is available during the construction phase of the project
- Manage more complex aspects of petitions, negotiations and valuations to ensure resulting acquisitions meet forecast and quality requirements
- Proactively build relationships with major/high profile affected land and property owners, individuals and organisations in the region to enable the negotiation process to be carried out effectively
- Provide expert advice to other departments, including the delivery function, town planning, environment, and petition management stakeholders to inform decision making
This role would suit a qualified surveyor who has experience of working in a property related environment (preferably land acquisition) with land assembly experience and a thorough understanding of compensation schemes. You must be able to demonstrate stakeholder management skills coupled with leadership of an operational team.
This is an excellent time to join a business who are moving significant projects forward and who can offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please apply online with your most recent CV.