Manager, Property Services
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Property & Real Estate, Property Management
- 16th August 2018
- Job Type
A role has become available within the Commercial arm of one of New Zealand's leading Real Estate brands, NAI Harcourts. Harcourts is an award-winning trusted brand is a leader in technology, market share, and representation.
In this role you will manage the commercial property management division within New Zealand's largest franchise, managing growth and providing effective leadership to the team of property managers, accounts and administration resource. This is a sound opportunity for someone looking to scale their experience managing a small team while overseeing key relationships and contributing to an already well-integrated business with sales, leasing and business broking.
NAI Harcourts has a mixed portfolio of office, retail and industrial properties based all over Auckland, with the majority of assets on the North Shore of Auckland. This team is experiencing exceptional growth right now and they have positioned themselves for continued growth in the medium-term.
Purpose of role:
The purpose of this role is to provide a high level of professional, punctual, efficient and effective leadership for the Commercial Property Management division to ensure that income targets and customer satisfaction metrics are achieved. The team is professional and dynamic and their focus is to maintain existing client relationships, manage newly acquired relationships and to build many more.
Key stakeholders include Managers within the surrounding agency business, Finance, Human Resources and Operations departments and liaison with the Regional head office.
Core objectives for this position include:
- Overall responsibility for the Commercial Property Management division's operation and achievement of growth targets; Coordinate and lead the budget process for the division;
- Establish a plan and strategies to increase the client base according to strategic targets for value, client and property type;
- Responsibility for the performance, training and development of all Property Managers and support staff.
- Review staff performance on a regular basis that focuses on building talent by training and providing support; Contribution to the development of training and educational sessions for clients, tradespersons and PM staff;
- Ensure compliance for client properties with all NZ Acts of Parliament and industry and Council requirements in a pro-active manner informing and engaging tenants and clients where required;
- Ensure that the use of the software is managed to the benefit of the clients and the Company;
- Ensure that there are exemplary systems and procedures for all new business, new tenants, tenants exiting, condition reporting, etc;
- Foster a close working relationship with the in-house sales and leasing division to increase the client base;
- Interact with key industry groups and attend training, industry presentations and other relevant educational or industry associations;
- Set an example for Property Managers and other staff in areas of personal character, commitment, organisational skills and work habits.
If you are keen to enhance your property experience in a growing environment, with plenty of support, but enough autonomy to just get on with it and inject your own style, please qualify yourself against the following bullet points:
- 8-10 years+ experience in a Commercial Property Management role;
- Management experience in Commercial Property;
- Business Development experience;
- Outgoing personable demeanor;
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written;
- Confident user of technology, systems & software knowledge;
- Complete team player;
- Adaptable and proactive
This is a unique opportunity to contribute leadership and your property management expertise to an established commercial operation, where you will ultimately be able to put your stamp on the growth of a business - it will also extend your professional development rapidly and expose you to key members within the larger extended business and brand. Total remuneration package on offer is excellent.
Please pick up the phone and contact Sharee Aitken on 09 303 9093 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details about this role.