National Property Manager
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Property & Real Estate, Property Management
- 5th June 2019
- Job Type
PBT Group is a New Zealand express courier and freight distribution business with a history of 45 years of service. With a client base ranging from multi-national corporates to start-up eCommerce ventures, PBT deliver outstanding results through their network of 18 branches, technology and systems and dedicated staff who are passionate about NZ business and consumers.
With the recent acquisition of PBT Group by a private equity entity, the business is focused on growth, both organically and through acquisition. This has led to the need for a National Property Manager to manage the property portfolio to ensure it meets current and future strategic and operational need of the business.
In conjunction with the Senior Management Team, the National Property Manager will be required to develop and maintain the Group Property Plan. This strategic plan will focus on the current view of the portfolio, developing principles, goals and objectives in relation to growth, while identifying issues, risks and opportunities. In addition to this the duties will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Lease management, including renewals, rent reviews, lease exits, and any potential sub-leases attached to the portfolio.
- Property maintenance, including inspections, audits and capital works. Ensuring procedure and guidelines for branch managers and establishing preferred supplier agreements.
- Identify new property for the business, review and evaluate feasibility, negotiate terms and manage delivery.
- Implementation of reporting and analysis to report to the Board across the portfolio, while ensuring compliance and utilisation of assets.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have the following:
- A tertiary qualification in Commerce or Property.
- Preferably, 5+ years' experience in leasehold or freehold property management in a commercial environment, ideally in a geographically dispersed business.
- Proven negotiation skills in achieving positive commercial outcomes
- Good organisation skills, with confidence to work on your own to establish and document processes and procedures around Property Management
- Strong project management skills, and experience in planning and delivering property projects.
- Well-developed communication skills and computer literacy, preferably with some experience with lease management systems.
This is a great opportunity for senior property manager to step up into a role with Nationwide scope, or alternatively, a senior leader from a consultancy environment looking to move client side and help lead the strategic focus of this business's property portfolio.
To learn more or to see a full job description, please submit your interest via the link above, or alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Matt Webster at Cobalt Recruitment on (09) 303 9093.