NZ Property Analyst - Offices
- Negotiable + Bonus and benefits
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Property & Real Estate, Property Analysis
- 4th April 2019
- Job Type
A Blackstone portfolio company, 151 Property is one of the world's leading investment firms and the largest real estate private equity firm in the world, who oversee the management of 2.9 million sqm of real estate and interact with over 1700 customers.
151 Property's team has experience in all facets of strategic real estate management with a key focus on maximising the performance of stabilised and value-add properties through proactive involvement in property management, capital investment and disposition activities. Following the Auckland VXV office portfolio acquisition, the need has arisen to recruit a New Zealand based Analyst to support the Portfolio Manager and Asset Manager.
This exciting new position will cover all facets of financial analysis and asset reporting in the regional Office sector, along with day to day analysis of asset management strategies. Property level responsibilities include maintaining accurate cashflows and forecasting income, leasing and refurbishment scenarios, asset valuations, analysis and collation of performance metrics. Portfolio level responsibilities include forecasting capital and total returns, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reporting, as well as assisting in the preparation of business plans and asset updates. It will also entail supporting the effective execution of the disposal and acquisition of Office assets.
- A good understanding of Blackstone's strategy, objectives and performance requirements
- Responsible for all analysis and reporting required for the NZ Office sector including acquisitions, periodic, board, budgeting and any other ad hoc tasks as required by 151 Property and/or Blackstone.
- Responsible for updating, maintaining and ensuring accuracy of property data and ownership of the internal valuation models as well as any other reporting and analysis required
- Assist in preparing and tracking budgets in conjunction with external property managers, 151 Property finance, analysts and Blackstone, as required
- Assist in the process of Internal and External valuations, including reforecasting and coordinating the deliverables for the NZ Office sector
- Prepare, maintain and ensure accuracy of detailed cashflow models for reporting purposes and to assist in the analysis of asset and investment decisions
- Assist with the strategic repositioning of Office assets to be completed on time and on budget, capitalising on user needs / market trends
- Assist in preparing properties for disposition as well as helping to execute on the disposition programme to maximise investor returns
- Contribute to building and developing a specialist, high performing Analytics team
- Maintain up-to-date market knowledge of Office transactions
To be successful in this role you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A NZ recognised tertiary degree in Property or Finance (e.g. Economics, Property, Valuations, Finance, Commerce/Business)
- 4 plus years prior experience within the office sector (e.g. Commercial Valuations, Property/Development Analysts), candidates with a Capital Transaction or Funds Management background will be highly regarded
- Possess a high financial aptitude, commercial acumen and ability to analyse financial data from budgets, business plans and valuations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the capacity to produce high-quality reports, analysis and presentations under tight deadlines
- Strong numerical reasoning and well-developed financial modelling skills with an understanding and working knowledge of asset management software
- Relationship management experience, and a customer/client focus
- A high level of flexibility and the ability to work hard in a demanding environment
The arrival of 151 Property in New Zealand has been exciting and significant for the NZ commercial real estate sector. The quality of their first acquisition signals a wonderful opportunity for ambitious, high performing real estate professionals to carve out a fantastic career with a world leader.
If you're interested to learn more about this opportunity please submit your interest via the link above, or alternatively for a confidential conversation contact either Christian Lawrence at Cobalt Recruitment on (09) 303 9093