Operations Manager BTR
- GBP40000.00 - GBP45000.00 per annum + bonus
- UK, Midlands
- Property & Real Estate, Residential
- 16th August 2018
- Job Type
Operations Manager (Build To Rent Scheme)
Hours Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
My client, a leading international property specialist with a stellar reputation, is seeking an Operations Manager (OM) for their client's flagship Build to Rent (BTR) development in Birmingham. The ideal candidate will be absolutely customer-oriented and will be practised in delivering a phenomenal service both personally, and through driving a team to match those standards. Previous experience of managing both a large building, and a team, is essential. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to run one of the biggest BTR developments outside of London.
The OM will report directly to the Portfolio Manager and the client and is responsible for managing and mentoring the on-site team, overseeing resident communication and engagement, budgeting and contractor management. The OM will also be responsible for overseeing the lettings and management team.
You will provide first class customer service to residents; ensure all enquires and repairing issues are dealt with in line with agreed service levels; forge productive relationships with key service partners and seek economies of scale for the efficient running of the building; organise and run tenant services; coordinate up to date resident communication via various channels including social media; create a community feel through communication, events and innovation.
Ensure available apartments and communal areas are presented at the highest possible standards at all times; set market rents for lettings and renewals; coordinate marketing activity on portals, social media and advertising, in line with client budget; ensure available apartments and communal areas are presented at the highest possible standards at all times; communicate and engage with applicants in line with brand values and agreed service levels; oversee performance and where necessary train team members on lettings and admin functions, customer service and communication; oversee the coordination of renewal communications and negotiations.
Oversee the property management function, dealing with all maintenance and repairing issues; carry out regular inspections; ensure Health and Safety compliance coordination; deal with litigation and insurance claims as required; manage various contractors appointed to provide services to the apartments and building; act as first point of contact for commercial tenants within the development.
Provide regular asset performance reports and attend regular meetings with line manager; drive rental growth ensuring that rents in the building are maximised yet competitive within the local market; manage the building expenditure budget and ensure value for money from suppliers, maximising the net operating income; establish and deliver additional income streams where appropriate.
Full responsibility for the on-site team (including recruitment) - conducting performance appraisals, maintaining the motivation and engagement of the on-site team.
- Self-motivated, organised and meticulous; able to work on own initiative and confident to operate in a busy and varied role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a proven track record in managing change, good strategic vision and a strong commitment to customer service are vital.
- Prior experience in a customer facing role in the property or hospitality industry.
- Good understanding of property management.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills.
- Ability to use the full range of Microsoft applications inc. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and familiar with social media platforms.
- Positive can-do attitude and common sense approach.
- Ability to think on their feet and make considered decisions
- Strong customer service ethic/background
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Common sense approach
- Outgoing, warm and friendly personality
- Organised, meticulous, tenacious
- Excellent written and spoken etiquette
- IT literate and social media savvy
- Strong financial management skills
- Experience of managing a small team essential
- Experience in a customer facing role essential
- Experience in managing a large building or portfolio essential
- Experience of managing a residential building preferred
To apply, please do not delay in sending your CV and a paragraph on why you believe you're the right person for this role.