- Negotiable + Additional Benefits
- UK, London
- Property & Real Estate, Town Planning
- 3rd August 2018
- Job Type
Competitive salary and benefits package
Our client focuses on brownfield and development sites across locations where a demand/supply imbalance can be identified. They have a national remit that will provide the successful Planning Consult with an interesting and challenging workload, and the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects
The successful candidate will ideally be RTPI Chartered and have experience ideally gained through a career in either a local authority or private consultancy. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a successful history of dealing with clients at all levels, and a passion for quality and excellence of service. This role would suit someone looking to take the next step in their career to a management and business development role.
Main responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the preparation of planning appraisals, applications and appeal statements and other formal written advice
- Contributing to the formulation of planning strategies, including identifying potential planning risks and opportunities, and contributing to the formulation of project programmes
- Leading on the day-to-day management of projects
- Liaising with Council officers, stakeholders and members of the public
- Attending and contributing to project team meetings
- Attending and presenting at Council Planning Committee meetings and attending public consultation events
- To help in the sourcing process of suitable developments
- Manage and drive their own career path and network
- Develop and provide technical expertise
- Hold a full UK driving licence
Our client can offer unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow, with access to industry-leading projects, technical specialists and technical roles. The role assumes a lot of responsibility and the successful candidate will work with planning consultants, architects, local authorities, external project managers, and colleagues within the business to deliver projects.
Please apply online with your most recent CV. To discuss this position in more detail, please contact Joshua Palmer on 0161 457 0109/Jpalmer@cobaltrecruitment.com.