- Negotiable + Additional Benefits
- UK, Oxfordshire
- Property & Real Estate, Town Planning
- 8th November 2018
- Job Type
I am exclusively working with a start-up strategic land company in Oxfordshire as they look to hire an in-house Town Planning Manager. In this capacity, the successful candidate will face an interesting and varied workload, managing residential, mixed-use and commercial schemes across the UK.
You will be responsible for managing multi-disciplinary technical teams, coordinating submission of planning applications and advising on the promotion of strategic land. Both Partners have proven backgrounds in both Planning Law and Finance and as such the Planning Manager will be joining a team with proven track records in their respective fields of expertise.
Ideally, you will be RTPI Chartered, having gained your experience through a career in either a local authority, private consultancy or house-builder/developer. You will have excellent written and verbal communications skills, a track record of dealing with clients at all levels and a passion for quality and excellence of service. This role would suit someone looking to step into a management and business development role.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the preparation of planning appraisals, applications and appeal statements and other formal written advice
- Contributing to the formulation of planning strategies, including identifying potential planning risks and opportunities, and contributing to the formulation of project programmes
- Leading on the day-to-day management of projects
- Liaising with Council officers, stakeholders and members of the public
- Attending and contributing to project team meetings
- To help in the sourcing process of suitable developments
Our client can offer unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow, with access to industry leading projects and technical specialists. The role assumes a lot of responsibility and the successful candidate will be work with planning consultants, architects, local authorities, external project managers, and colleagues within the business to ensure project delivery.