Portfolio Manager – Auckland
- Competitive plus bonus
- New Zealand, Auckland
- Property & Real Estate, Asset Management (Real Estate)
- 17th July 2018
- Job Type
- Rare opportunity to lead a new NZ property entity and an establish an in-house team
- Impressive commercial portfolio valued at NZ$635m
- Auckland based strategic portfolio and asset management client-side role
A Blackstone portfolio company, 151 Property is one of the world’s leading investment firms and the largest real estate private equity firm in the world, who oversee the management of 2.9 million sqm of real estate and interact with over 1700 customers.
Excitingly for the NZ real estate sector, 151 Property has made its first foray into the Auckland market with the recent acquisition of the VXV office portfolio. Comprising seven major office buildings in one of Auckland's prime commercial regions at Wynyard Quarter, 151 Property is seeking highly skilled, dedicated and passionate asset management experts to manage the portfolio following this $635m portfolio acquisition. The VXV office portfolio is at the forefront of Auckland's commercial culture and covers 88,000 square metres of commercial space which is home to a number of New Zealand's most successful businesses. This includes headquarters of companies including Fonterra, Air New Zealand, Datacom, Bayleys, KPMG, Auckland Transport, HP and Microsoft.
151 Property is highly experienced in all aspects of strategic real estate management and work to the principal objective of maximising the performance of properties via excellent customer-service and pro-active asset management. Due to the Auckland VXV acquisition, the need has arisen to recruit a New Zealand based Portfolio Manager and Asset Manager to work alongside their externally appointed property management team.
The role of Portfolio Manager is the regional lead for 151 Property's newly acquired New Zealand portfolio. Working as an extension of their real estate management team in Australia and reporting to the Head of Office based in Sydney, this role is pivotal to the successful integration and management of the Auckland assets. With an emphasis of maximising returns and providing a high level of customer service, the core duties include:
- Leading and managing the NZ team
- Working hand-in-hand with the wider Australian property services team to gain a clear understanding of 151 Property’s strategy, objectives and asset performance objectives.
- A clear focus on investment performance by targeting income and capital growth through leasing, valuation, development/repositioning or sales processes, in line with agreed strategic objectives.
- Assessing risk and return of proposals and presenting recommendations to the Head of Office.
- Devising and implementing property management strategies, with key involvement on the selection and partnering with property and facilities management providers.
- Setting leasing strategies, allied to the high calibre of existing tenants, and driving negotiations in conjunction with leasing agents.
- Managing value add/repositioning capex projects.
- Integrating newly/future acquired properties into the portfolio, including the appointment of property and leasing managers and other consultants as required, preparing new business plans etc.
- Monitoring property performance indicators such as building outgoings and arrears to ensure they are within benchmark ranges.
- Working with and providing expert information to the transaction team during the acquisition & disposal processes.
- Bachelor degree with emphasis in property or related discipline
- 10+ years proven experience in commercial real estate management
- Leadership skills and the ability to manage an asset manager/s as well as all key stakeholder relationships
- High level of customer centricity, with proven experience in managing global covenants
- Range of property skills and an understanding of property investment processes including experience gained in strategic property and asset management
- Possess a high degree of financial aptitude, commercial acumen and ability to analyse financial data from budgets, business plans and valuations
- Strong leasing and negotiation skills, with proven experience of large lease negotiations
- Ability to maintain a high energy, positive, creative, solutions driven, client orientated, dynamic and responsive culture
- Characteristics to adjust and work through change, particular that relating to portfolio growth or disposals
- Responsive with proficient conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work in an autonomous environment
The arrival of 151 Property in New Zealand is exciting and significant for the NZ commercial real estate sector. The quality of their first acquisition signals a wonderful opportunity for ambitious, high performing real estate professionals to carve out a fantastic career with a world leader.
If you’re interested to learn more about this opportunity please submit your interest via the link above, or alternatively for a confidential conversation please contact either Christian Lawrence or Guy Davidson on (09) 303 9093.