Principal Policy Officer
- Up to GBP42866.00 per annum + Flexible working + benefits
- UK, Hertfordshire
- Property & Real Estate, Town Planning
- 16th January 2020
- Job Type
Principal Policy Planner
Up to £42,866 (dependent on experience)
Flexible and agile working
My client are a rural local government district and borough in Hertfordshire and, whilst a greenbelt area, they have in recent years urbanised and are part of the Greater London Urban Area. The council are currently undergoing a Local Plan examination which will be adopted and rolled out in 2020. The Principal Policy Planner will be instrumental in the implementation of this.
As part of a close-knit planning team, this opportunity provides real scope for an individual to play a key role in Local Plan development, duties of the role include:
· Leading in the examination and implementation of the Councils Local Plan, producing reports and documentation that inform the Local Plan
· Preparation and implementation of other planning documents and plans such as strategy, action plans, planning briefs, supplementary guidance, proofs of evidence and consultation material.
· Leading on identified projects and managing and mentoring staff as required
· Monitoring the Local Plan Development Programme progress within given deadlines
· Drafting planning reports and presenting reports to committees and appropriate groups, including to the public
· Represent the Council at examinations and inquiries
· Undertaking consultations with relevant parties as appropriate
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a proven background in developing local plans to take on a pivotal role during the Local Plan review. They offer a flexible and supportive working environment for the right candidate. This is a permanent role offering the subsequent benefits of working for a local authority.
Please apply online with your most recent CV. If you would like to discuss the opportunity in further detail, please contact Jennifer Bailey on 0161 711 1503.