Property Manager | In-house role
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Property & Real Estate, Property Management
- 21st January 2019
- Job Type
Leading sector operator and property occupier is seeking to recruit a commercial property manager to work autonomously on their national portfolio.
Due to further investment in their portfolio and a drive to look at efficiencies and improving standards relating to their property interests, our client is seeking an ambitious Property Manager. Based from their operational headquarters in central Auckland, this career enhancing in-house property role will support and work alongside all other central business functions.
In broad terms, the role will advise, improve and negotiate all their real estate and commercial lease related matters. Working with the GM of Property and with support from an assistant property manager, you will a key player in their team. This role offers excellent exposure to a breadth of duties for their extensive operational property portfolio.
Working to an investment programme for approximately half of their current sites, the position will have the autonomy to identify and develop your own value-add initiatives, as well as leading those driven by continuous business improvement, management initiatives, rationalisation and growth. The role will encompass identification of, and negotiation with, potential strategic partners as well as the full property cycle ranging from service delivery to existing premises, through to liaison with colleagues on project delivery of capital works and FM for annual operational expenditure.
As the business continues to invest in further assets, develop existing and maintain their high-level of service to existing customers they are looking to expand the team to balance growth and customer service.
Key duties will entail:
- Lease management, rent reviews and associated negotiation of market rates
- Front-line point of contact for landlord negotiations
- Assess and review terms of new leases travelling to key locations across NZ
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the properties and tenancy terms
- Recording and monitoring all financial transactions in relation to lease obligations
- Devising and coordination of projects and maintenance with in-house project and facilities professionals
This excellent client-side role will provide a balance of day-to-day operational portfolio management, along with development and investment driven strategic elements.
To be considered for the role of you are likely to have the following skills and attributes:
- Degree educated with 2-5 years' post-graduation experience gained working in a related discipline such as commercial property management, valuation, lease advisory etc.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills to work on numerous matters concurrently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Pro-active and highly organised with an appreciation of the wider goals and core business operations of the group.
- Enthusiasm to pick up on new sector opportunities and duties relating to property management. For example, projects and fit-outs, facilities management, lease management.
- Seeking the next step in your career with associated progression from a move client-side, and one which offers elements of people management.
If you're interested to learn more about this opportunity please submit your interest via the link above, or alternatively for a confidential conversation please contact either Christian Lawrence at Cobalt Property on (09) 303 9093