- Negotiable + Bonus and benefits
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Property & Real Estate, Property Management
- 2nd March 2020
- Job Type
Our client is an established NZX listed property company focused on the industrial sector. First listed in 1994 they have evolved to become one of New Zealand's largest property funds management specialists.
Managing a portfolio of over 90 properties valued at just under $1.5bn, this organisation achieves attractive returns for their many shareholders.
In order to support in the management of both their established and continually expanding portfolio, they are seeking to strengthen their in-house team with the recruitment of a commercial property manager.
This is a superb opportunity for someone currently operating as a property manager, to gain exposure and associated career progression from the higher-level strategic aspects of portfolio management. If you would like to play a key role in their dynamic business and advance your property career to incorporate all facets of property ownership, management and investment, then this is the move for you.
The role will have an overriding objective for maximising value through investor and tenant satisfaction levels and being accountable for an allocated portion of a high-profile portfolio.
The position of Property Manager has the freedom to organise and manage portfolio responsibilities working with their Portfolio Manager and an Asset Manager. These responsibilities and duties will include: -
- Tactical level property management with an over-arching objective of ensuring the portfolio performs at its peak with maximised occupancy.
- Planning and budgeting on all building expenditure and revenue.
- Negotiate and administer rent reviews and assist the Asset Manager with lease renewals.
- Assist on maximising total returns through the analysis of property maintenance efficiencies and identifying opportunities for improved performance.
- Supporting on acquisition/divestment due diligence.
To be considered for the role of you are likely to have the following skills and attributes:
- Preferred tertiary qualification, ideally a bachelor's degree with emphasis in property or related subject
- 3-5 years' experience in practical property management, ideally with exposure to the industrial sector
- Some experience in lease transactions incorporating rent reviews and lease renewals
- A passion for real estate with a good understanding of property fundamentals and a knowledge of market trends
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills for working on a variety of duties
- Self-motivated with ability to work autonomous on a variety of property management duties
This exciting new role affords the opportunity to progress your career via active property management and work on a wide variety of investment objectives.
If you are interested to learn more, please submit your interest via the link above, or alternatively for a confidential conversation please contact Cobalt Recruitment and Christian Lawrence on (09) 303 9093