Real Estate Investment Analyst / Associate
- GBP60000 - GBP80000 per annum + bonus and benefits
- UK, London
- Property & Real Estate, Investment
- 14th December 2018
- Job Type
Cobalt are recruiting on behalf of one of the leading Real Estate development and investment companies in the UK. The firm has an enviable partnership with a Private Equity powerhouse enabling them to fund and deliver truly innovative projects on a large scale.
With a portfolio of new projects totalling £11bn+ GDV and a strong appetite to invest in and bid for new projects, the company offers exceptional career development, deals exposure and earning potential.
In a diverse role you will provide investment analysis and appraisal to the Development, Finance and Strategy teams. More specifically, this could entail assisting with ongoing investment appraisal of developments, assisting with the collation of information for funding partners, evaluating funding options, financial analysis to support strategic planning and financial analysis to support the development of new business units.
Real Estate Development Investment Appraisal
- Maintain, modify and build financial models for multiphase mixed use developments
- Advise Project Development teams on the financial impacts of changes to project assumptions
- Review existing models to test the accuracy of calculations and input assumptions
- Analyse actual expenditure and incorporate this into a forecast underwriting model to track financial performance
- As required, working with the Project Development team, this may include data analysis and data collection to support market research, site analysis, space planning, and costing
Debt & Capital Analysis
- Maintain, modify and build financial models for complex capital structures, including senior debt, junior debt, equity promote and multiple refinancing
- Provide source data to the financing team outlining projected cash flows and/or actual expenditure
- Analyse viability and financial returns offered by alternative financial structures
- As required, working with the Financing team, this may include data analysis and data collection to support market research.
Corporate Strategy Financial Analysis
- Work with the Corporate Strategy team to provide financial analysis to support and challenge strategic plans
- Provide financial analysis to support the development of new business
- Work with the Financing team, this may include data analysis and data collection to support market research
- Embed yourself in the business to build a detailed understanding of the business and developments, including key dates, cost forecasts, sales targets, project risks and opportunities
- Attend project meetings to gain a detailed, first-hand understanding of our projects and wider business
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2:1 bachelors degree from a Russell Group University, ideally in a numerate subject
- High A-level grade in Maths
- Prior experience of Real Estate
- High level of modelling proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of corporate finance theory
- Proficient at building, modifying and maintaining leveraged cash flows (DCF, IRR, NPV)