Regional Operations Manager
- GBP30000.00 - GBP35000.00 per annum
- UK, South West & Wales
- Property & Real Estate, Social Housing
- 15th July 2019
- Job Type
Regional Operations Manager (South West)
Salary up to £35,000
My client is a specialist in the supported living sector managing and supporting over 250 properties nationwide. They have an established and experienced team who specialise in this sector relating to the collection of enhanced housing benefit, management of service charge and maintenance and sinking funds for and on behalf of housing associations.
To deliver and lead integrated property management solutions across the properties in the UK within the Housing Association portfolio in the Social & Healthcare sector.
The Regional Operations Manager (ROM) will be responsible for implementing best practice through strong leadership, as well as driving a high quality service. The ROM will be responsible for the tenancy management procedures including sign-up and the tenancy expiry process; ensuring maintenance & repair are in line with the life cycle of the property; the safety and welfare of tenants should always be at the forefront of the service delivery.
- Ensure the properties are ready for occupancy, adopting all Health & Statutory Compliance.
- Overall accountability for properties performance against KPIs, including; Occupancy Levels, Debt, Customer satisfaction, H&S Compliance and maintenance quality and response times.
- Accountable for Tenants Feedback based on a number of Help desk Tasks logged & Care Operator feedback.
- Liaison with other landlords and other tenants which form part of the estate.
- Understanding of help desk system and responsible for monitoring in-house and supply chain contractors response and rectification times.
- Liaison with commissioners over challenging tenants.
- Escalation point for complaint handling and liaison with Local Authority regarding Benefit Awards.
- Co-ordinate and oversee maintenance and repair tasks, liaising with in house mobile technicians, supply chain and help desk operatives to ensure planned and reactive works are followed through to completion.
- Ensure maximum occupancy levels are maintained across the portfolio.
- Maintenance & Repair, Health & Safety, Compliance and Statutory Audits are adhered to and actioned within appropriate timescales.
- Monitoring help desk daily and activities not being completed in time by in-house and supply chain contractors.
- Create and maintain effective working relationships with Tenants, Care Operators, Local Authorities, Help desk & Third-party vendors.
- Manage and Maintain relationships with Housing Association Representatives, Commissioners, & Landlords.
- Organise and manage the process for tenants to submit their housing benefit claim to the Local Authority and follow up on the award status.
- Implement and manage performance improvements and customer satisfaction.
- Lead and manage mobilisation of new property portfolios as and when required.
- To carry out property inspections prior to residents moving in and vacating the property and undertake a property condition survey.
- To conduct biannual meetings with tenants within each property.
Tasks (include but are not limited to)
- Manage Tenancy Sign-Up and Expiry & Debt and Housing Benefit applications.
- Manage resident complaints and work to resolve in a timely and agreed manner.
- Work collaboratively with the Local Authorities, Commissioners and Care Operators to share best practice from across the portfolio.
- Ensure third-party vendors are adhering to the Planned Preventive Maintenance and Compliance Statutory obligations.
- Conduct weekly conference calls with Care Operators.
- Take ownership of resolving and supporting with any incidents that occur out of hours - this includes going on the out of hours' rota - one week in four (please note it is very unusual to be called).
- Voids - Liaise with Tenancy Management Manager on updates regarding Voids.
- Voids - Hold and Document Fortnightly Meetings with Care Operators regarding voids and empty properties and produce plans / timelines on filling them.
- Assist the SMT with meeting with Commissioners & Landlords by producing Management Data to present.
- Substantial operational management experience in a regional role.
- Substantial experience of managing a geographically dispersed workload.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills along with being customer-focused.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills; to balance multiple demands in a complex and changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- IT literate with demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft and database applications.
- Good financial acumen with proven ability to take an analytical approach to information.
- Ability to deal effectively with people from senior management to board level.
- Ability to prioritise effectively with the ability to proactively problem-solve.
Required to understand the following legislation and policies:
- Health and Safety at work Act
- Company Health and Safety Policies
- HCA - Housing Commission Association reporting requirements
- Gas Safety Rules & Regulations
- Water Testing and Legionella
- Fire & Life Safety Rules & Regulations
- Emergency and Crisis Management Planning
Apply with your CV and a brief paragraph on why you are suitable for the role.