Resident Services Manager
- UK, Buckinghamshire
- Property & Real Estate, Residential
- 29th July 2019
- Job Type
Resident Services Manager
Based Milton Keynes
An exciting position with one of the UK's largest landlords has become available for a brand new development in Milton Keynes. The company have won several awards (including Property Company of the Year) and have gone from strength to strength with a real focus on the Private Rented Sector (PRS). They are proud of what they do, how well they do it and of the people that work for them.
This is an opportunity to be part of the project from the launch.
Reporting into the Head of Onboarding and Operations, this position will work as part of the on-boarding team to understand the building, create and deliver the service offering and be responsible for managing the operations of a large residential building.
Line management of the Resident Services Team and on-site Lettings Negotiators and be on call as the first point of contact for emergencies with the requirement to work out of hours, during evenings, weekends and bank holidays when required.
- Responsible for ensuring the customer proposition is consistently delivered, with P&L and operational management responsibility.
- Exercise best practice customer service and promote the same excellence with every member of the on-site resident services and lettings teams.
- Work as part of the on-boarding team to ensure the scheme and product is delivered in line with the proposition.
- Communicate courteously with customers and suppliers by telephone, email, letter and face-to-face.
- Effectively manage customer complaints and/or any major incidents, such as a security issue.
- Oversee contractors and inspect completed jobs on site.
- Manage the move in / out process with the Resident Services Team.
- Demonstrable extensive line management experience of a diverse and complex team is essential.
- Solid experience in a similar role or working in a demanding, fast paced, customer service environment, providing exceptional customer service.
- Good technical knowledge and previous experience of residential property repair, refurbishment construction and Lettings.
- Intermediate level ability in Microsoft office packages, including MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Skilled at confidently carrying out viewings, negotiating and overcoming objections
- Knowledge of Landlord and Tenants Act and Housing / Rents Acts Legislation.
- Demonstrable understanding of H&S requirements on site.
- Continually strives to improve knowledge, skills and abilities to produce the best results.
- Ability to work to and achieve tight deadlines with excellent organisational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Helpful, friendly personality with effective communication skills.
- Behaves in a professional, courteous and helpful manner towards colleagues and customers at all times.
- Be a positive advocate for change, highlighting and implementing business improvement initiatives.
- Adopt a team work approach.
- Positive attitude and ability to work with little supervision.
In return for hard work the company offer a competitive salary and benefits package, exceptional training and development, and internal promotion wherever possible.
If this role sounds of interest then please apply online with your current CV.