Resident Services Manager
- UK, North West
- Property & Real Estate, Concierge
- 22nd June 2018
- Job Type
Resident Services Manager
An exciting position with one of the UK's largest landlords has become available for a brand new development in Salford, Manchester. The company have won several awards (including Property Company of the Year) and have gone from strength to strength with a real focus on the Private Rented Sector (PRS). They are proud of what they do, how well they do it and of the people that work for them.
You will support the General Manager in the safe management of the operations of residential developments upon completion. You will work as part of the on-boarding team to understand the building, create and passionately deliver the service offering. You will manage face to face enquiries from all customers, delivering a high level of customer service. You will have line management responsibility for the Resident Services Associate Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate courteously with customers and suppliers by telephone, email, letter and face-to-face.
- Identify ways to measure customer satisfaction and improve services.
- Ensure a warm welcoming environment for customers and visitors.
- Effectively manage customer complaints or any major incidents, such as a security issue.
- Provide guidance and support to the on-site teams including Resident Services Associates, Estate Operatives and Housekeepers and ad-hoc contractors as required.
- Oversee contractors and inspect completed jobs on site.
- Evaluate the Resident Service team performance and provide direction, correction, or additional training.
- Monitor building maintenance computer systems.
- Undertake regular customer and community engagement activities.
- Delivery of operational and performance-based KPI targets.
- Liaising with lettings team for viewings and re-letting.
- Suggest Lettings strategy to Lettings team and assist in delivery to optimise rents and reducing voids and rent loss.
- Contribute to marketing campaigns and manage social media for building/portfolio managed by Corporate Affairs.
- Promote the brand and contribute to marketing on building promotions in conjunction with Corporate Affairs Team.
- An advocate of the H&S compliance with support received from H&S team.
- Resolving complaints, problems, and requests from customers. Investigate and solve where applicable, customer problems, which may be complex or long-standing problems that have been passed on by the wider on-site team. Where necessary assist Complaints Team in securing a satisfactory resolution to any complaint managed by them.
- Assist General Manager with setting & monitoring of budgets and costs.
- Assist with emergency response and evacuations where required.
- Where required respond to OOH emergency call outs to site.
- Provide management support to other departments/teams as and when required.
- Undertake regular property/building inspections.
- Keep accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers and staff.
- Analyse statistics and/or other data to determine the level of customer service Resident Services Team are delivering and identify where improvements can be made and implement such.
- Produce detailed and structured site reports on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Develop and implement feedback or complaints procedures for customers to use.
- Involvement in staff recruitment and appraisals for on-site teams.
- Assist with training of staff to deliver a high standard of customer service.
- Keeping ahead of developments in customer service by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending courses.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Educated to minimum A-Level standard or equivalent.
- Previous management experience in a complex residential property management role is essential.
- Good technical knowledge and previous experience of residential property repair, refurbishment and construction.
- Intermediate level ability in Microsoft office packages, including MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Landlord and Tenants Act and Housing / Rents Acts Legislation.
- Demonstrable understanding of H&S requirements on site.
- Possess a sound understanding of legislation relating to chemicals and dangerous substances i.e. COSHH.
- Promote, and by example, ensure safe-working practices at all times, including risk assessments.
- Previous demonstrable line management experience is essential.
- Passionate about service delivery and works with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work to and achieve tight deadlines with excellent organisational skills.
- Helpful, friendly personality with effective communication skills.
- Behaves in a professional, courteous and helpful manner towards colleagues and customers at all times.
- Be a positive advocate for change, highlighting and implementing business improvement initiatives.
- Adopt a teamwork approach.
- Positive attitude and ability to work with little supervision.
- Smart in appearance, complying with stated appearance code.
- Customer and hospitality management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of other languages may be an advantage.
In return for hard work the company offer a competitive salary and benefits package, exceptional training and development, and internal promotion wherever possible.
If this role sounds of interest then please apply online with your current CV.