Senior Urban Designer
- Up to GBP36309.00 per annum + Flexible working + benefits
- UK, Hertfordshire
- Property & Real Estate, Town Planning
- 17th January 2020
- Job Type
Senior Urban Designer
£36,709 (dependent on experience)
Flexible and agile working
My client are a rural local government district and borough in Hertfordshire and, whilst a greenbelt area, they have in recent years urbanised and are part of the Greater London Urban Area. This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Urban Designer to have an instrumental role in improving the design quality of developments in this Hertfordshire borough.
As part of a close-knit planning team, this opportunity provides real scope for an individual to deliver design improvements to the built environment within one of Greater London's Urban areas, duties of the role include:
· Leading in place-making and urban design across the borough including; housing projects, rural conservation landscapes, regeneration areas and town centre projects.
· Working with Stakeholders across the council and externally throughout the development process, from initial concept though to delivery of the project
· Develop and implement master plans, design codes and development frameworks
· Supporting the planning team in the development of council plan documents
· Producing high quality mapping and visualisation for service documentation and presentations
· Compiling and presenting reports in relation to complex and sensitive matters surrounding urban design and committee meetings and other appropriate public events
· Improving quality where possible of planning applications and prospective developments within the public realm
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a proven background in urban design to have a positive impact on urban design within a leafy Great London Urban Area. They offer a flexible and supportive working environment for the right candidate. This is a permanent role offering the subsequent benefits of working for a local authority.
Some of these benefits include: 26 days annual leave + bank holidays rising with the length of service, Local Government pension scheme, Sedexo benefits scheme, cheap car loans, career breaks, free leisure centre memberships, etc.
Please apply online with your most recent CV. If you would like to discuss the opportunity in further detail, please contact Jennifer Bailey on 0161 711 1503.