SPV Manager | Asset & Facilities Management
- New Zealand, Auckland
- Property & Real Estate, Facilities Management
- 16th November 2018
- Job Type
Morrison & Co is a leading alternative asset manager with experience across infrastructure and property in both private and listed markets. As a specialist investment management firm, they pride themselves on the delivery of superior results through detailed sector knowledge, operational expertise, and transactional excellence.
Morrison & Co combines deep sector knowledge, asset management capability, and operational expertise to deliver exceptional risk-adjusted returns for clients. This extends into their specialist Public Infrastructure Partners (PIP) funds where they provide unrivalled expertise on the management of social infrastructure PPPs. Here, the organisation works with central, regional and local government agencies, to identify partnership opportunities to develop social infrastructure such as education, healthcare, transportation, justice and student accommodation. These investments are typically structured as long-term concession arrangements under which the PIP Fund will finance, build and maintain assets.
Leading and managing the Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV) for the successful delivery of landmark PPP projects, Morrison & Co is seeking to recruit an accomplished SPV representative as they move these investments into the asset and facilities management phases.
Joining the organisation at an exciting stage in the delivery of key long-term arrangements, the role of SPV Manager will focus on the contract administration of a significant scheme transitioning from the finance and build stages, into asset maintenance.
Core duties and key objectives include:
- Successful delivery of the PPP projects through the effective management of the project works, ensuring service providers and the SPV meet their requirements.
- Actively manage key relationships with the client, project sub-contractors and advisors.
- Monitor compliance with consents, project budgets and project documents.
- Oversee planned and reactive maintenance carried out by the sub-contractor.
- Co-ordinate defects, reviewing responsibilities of the design & construct contractor, into the transition with the asset & facilities management sub-contractors.
- Develop and monitor the health & safety and risk management plans.
- Oversee the provision of the AM/FM services as the SPVs representative.
- Chair monthly performance meetings and compile the submission of monthly reports.
- Co-ordinate the submission of all monthly reports to the client and debt financiers.
- Management of variations/changes with the client and sub-contractors.
- Produce reports for and attend the meetings with the Board of Directors of the project company.
Key skills and attributes
- Preferred tertiary qualification, ideally a bachelor degree with an emphasis in project management, property, construction or facilities management.
- At least 5 years proven experience with the ability to demonstrate strong contractual knowledge gained operating in the public and/or private sector.
- Preferably some direct and relevant experience gained in public private partnerships (such as major education, housing, infrastructure or transportation developments).
- A lateral-thinker with the initiative to provide solutions to contractual and operational matters.
- Strong communication skills typically gained operating in complex stakeholder environments.
- An accomplished negotiator with the ability to drive key outcomes.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
This is an exciting new role that affords the opportunity to work with a leading sector specialist with long-term prospects provided by the nature of major PPP schemes.
If you’re interested to learn more about this opportunity and join the team at Morrison & Co, please submit your interest via the link above. Alternatively, for a confidential conversation please contact their exclusive recruiter, Cobalt Recruitment, Christian Lawrence on (09) 303 9093