Tainui Group Holdings – Head of Property Development
- Waikato, Hamilton
- Property & Real Estate, Development
- 22nd January 2019
- Job Type
Tainui Group Holdings (TGH) is the commercial arm of Waikato-Tainui, representing over 70,000 registered tribal members of the Waikato-Tainui iwi, from 68 marae in the wider Waikato region. As kaitiaki (guardian) for overseeing investments and development for the iwi, TGH takes a long-term approach to creating tribal wealth through diversification, discipline and strong governance.
The development activities within TGH are wide ranging and include industrial/logistics, retail, residential and commercial properties such as the Ruakura Inland Port, The Base Shopping Centre, Novotel/Ibis Tainui Hotels, Novotel Auckland Airport and Rotokauri Rise.
With continued successful growth, TGH are looking to maximize the significant opportunities in the property development sector and are recruiting for a highly accomplished property development executive to take up the critical position of Head of Property Development. This role will have ultimate responsibility for delivering TGH’s current and future property development portfolio.
This is a significant and high-profile role for TGH. Sitting within the senior leadership group, this position will provide leadership to ensure successful development and investment outcomes and be responsible for executing the company’s strategic objectives related to property development.
Key Accountabilities - Ngaa Mahi Matua
- Ensure execution of property developments, acquisitions and divestments, including leading the negotiation and execution of major tenant agreements.
- Prepare business cases and proposals on developments for Board approval.
- Lead the TGH property development strategy and plan, ensuring alignment with TGH’s wider business objectives.
- Lead and oversee property development projects to key development specifications, applying a robust risk management framework and methodology.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key external stakeholders including development partners, advisors, kaitiaki and contractors.
- Lead and inspire the Property Development team, role modelling the values of TGH to develop a high performing team and create a culture of excellence.
- Manage the Property Development budget, reporting monthly to the Board.
Education & Experience – Ngaa Tohu Maatauranga
- Over ten years’ experience in a senior development role with demonstrated capability in identification, analysis, management and delivery of complex, multi-faceted, value adding development projects.
- A qualification in property, business or other relevant field
- Proven record of leading teams to successful development outcomes.
- Extensive stakeholder management experience.
- Project and design management experience
- Construction contract procurement and administration experience
An opportunity to lead and shape the investment and development of one of New Zealand’s largest iwi is rare indeed, but this position will also help to grow puutea, tuuranga mahi, and whenua - profit, jobs and land - for the people of Waikato-Tainui and their region, for generations to come.
To apply in strict confidence, click the apply button with your cover letter and CV. For more information please phone Matt Donnelly on (09) 303 9093.
All direct applications will be forwarded to Cobalt Recruitment for consideration.