Technical Services Assistant - Property
- NZD60000.00 - NZD70000.00 per annum
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Property & Real Estate, Facilities Management
- 6th July 2018
- Job Type
A new opportunity exists due to growth in the facility/operations sector of an active property investor.
We are seeking a highly organised and proactive individual to take on the role of Technical Services Assistant to join a medium sized team based in Auckland city.
You will be reporting into the director that leads the Engineering, Project Management and Business Services function within the team. With interests in tourism, retail and commercial real estate across New Zealand, they are continually managing a diverse range of projects across all assets.
In this newly created role you will provide comprehensive and proactive support to the Director with your main responsibilities including but not limited to:
Engineering Administration / Project Coordination
* Attending site meetings and project briefs
* Assist in the preparation of internal budget and cost reports
* Assist in the management of finances for key projects
* Developing and monitoring project time-lines to prioritise work and keep others on track
* Preparing documentation to assist with building consent processes
* Liaising and negotiating with contractors and suppliers
* Ensuring compliance with health and safety requirements
* Developing and streamlining office systems and ways of working
* Dealing proactively with all telephone and written correspondence
* Monitor email traffic and respond promptly to time sensitive requests
A key component to the success of this role is the ability to work with various internal and external stakeholders including building contractors and suppliers. To be successful in your application you will have 2+ years experience in engineering administration or project coordination. You will have excellent communication and negotiation skills as well as an ability to balance competing priorities. As a self-starter, you will also be deadline driven and have strong attention to detail.
For further information on the role, please contact Sharee Aitken on +9 303 9093.