VP, Portfolio Management
- SGD15000 - SGD180000 per annum
- Asia, Singapore
- Property & Real Estate, Fund Management
- 23rd January 2018
- Job Type
A global real estate fund manager is looking to hire a deputy fund manager to support their value add fund series. Reporting directly to the Fund Manager, the successful candidate will have 1 analyst supporting him/her. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of at least 7 years of investment management/asset management experience in APAC real estate markets.
Manager / VP, Portfolio Management
Reporting to the Director, Portfolio Management, the successful candidate's primary responsibility will be the management of a large Pan-Asia Pacific real estate fund with quality office, retail, and industrial assets in four countries. It is anticipated that over time, the successful candidate would contribute to other initiatives, including new separate account mandates.
- For each investment, work with local asset management teams to develop and set property strategic plans, monitor operational and financial performance, perform re-underwritings and hold-sell analyses, participate in major leasing and financing decision-making; and oversee the quarterly valuation process.
- At the portfolio level, assist in developing and setting portfolio strategy, business plan, and budget; actively monitor fund liquidity, control fund expenses, and maximize investor distributions.
- Perform fund modeling and performance measurement calculations, including attribution analyses.
- Produce reports and analyses for investor and investor's consultants as well as internal stakeholders (monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc), detailing investment-level and fund-level activity and results.
- Respond to investor and consultant requests and inquiries as required.
- Proactively monitor and manage risks including FX, interest rate, and tax risk. Develop and execute appropriate strategies to minimize these risks and maximize returns.
- Monitor global, regional, and country-specific macro-economic trends; evaluate real estate fundamentals in the fund's markets; perform research to inform investment decision-making.
- Manage fund administration, including capital call and distribution notices.
- Work across the fund's various offices and functional groups (transactions, asset management, finance, research) in support of fund objectives.
- Regarding potential new products, assist in product development, capital raising process, asset acquisitions, and potentially serve as junior portfolio manager.
- Assist with various ad-hoc initiatives to benefit the broader business.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
- The following attributes will be highly regarded:
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience and broad knowledge of the Asia Pacific real estate market
- Strong financial and analytical skills, including outstanding modeling skills and good foundation in accounting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills and ability to build effective internal and external relationships
- Highly motivated and results-oriented
- Team-oriented, with a high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Bachelor's degree with honors from a top university
The firm offers exciting career opportunities and a highly competitive remuneration. If working for a global brand name with highly intelligent and professional individuals in a fast-moving environment is something you look forward to, apply now or call me at 68007921 to discuss this opportunity today. Alternatively, you can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
License No. 12C6031
EA. Reg. ID R1545553