Under GDPR, you have the right to access the data we hold on you, why we hold this, where it came from and who has processed it. If you have dealt with any of our offices outside of Germany or Austria, to request this information, please email us at SAR@cobaltrecruitment.com or write to our London office at Wellington House, 125-130 Strand, London, WC2R 0AP, FAO the Data Compliance Manager.
If you have dealt with our German or Austrian offices please go here.
Subject Access Requests should preferably be made in writing. Using either the email or postal address above will enable us to respond efficiently to your request. To enable a prompt response, please provide:
- Your name (as you believe we know you, for instance a married or maiden name)
- A contact telephone number
- The information you require
- Where the information should be sent to (eg email or postal address)
- How you would like to receive this information (eg electronically, or in hard-copy)
We will then take steps to verify your identity. Where possible we do this over the telephone by verifying contact or other information which we hold on you, but if it is necessary then we may ask to meet you with photo ID. If you are requesting this information on behalf of someone else, then we require evidence that you have been instructed to act on behalf of that individual.
Once we have confirmed your identity and that we hold the information required (for example, it hasn’t been deleted under our Data Retention Policy) then we will request payment of £10 as a processing fee. This can be remitted via BACS or cheque. Once that has been received then we will provide the information within 40 calendar days in the format requested.
Where possible, we will provide:
- CVs and Documents such as passport, registration forms, references and any additional information such as DBS or proof of address
- Email correspondence
- Written notes of telephone calls
- Any meetings with Cobalt and notes from those meetings
- Any interviews you had with our clients and notes from those meetings
- Any offers you received
- Any banking or tax information captured in our HSBC banking and FinancialForce accounting system (applies to candidates placed on a PAYE interim basis)
In addition, we will notify you of those with whom we shared your data, including organisations we sent your CV to. Where third party details are contained within your records, such as an author of a reference or a person involved in a recruitment process, we may exclude or redact this information if we believe it breaches another’s confidence or privacy.
More information about the process will be sent to you on receipt of a Subject Access Request.