Newark, New Jersey
US$85000.00 - US$110000.00 per annum
A rapidly growing Newark-based construction management firm has an opening for a Corporate Accountant reporting to the controller.
* Ensure integrity of accounting data (accuracy and completeness)
* Prepare key performance indicator reports for senior management.
* Work with the project accounting team to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
* Manage percentage of completion accounting method including calculation of costs in excess of billings and billings in excess of costs
* Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
* Prepare and upload daily check activity reports to the bank.
* Tax returns and financial statements o Liaise with an external CPA firm to provide the information needed for tax return and financial statement preparation
* Prepare supporting schedules for tax returns and financial statements.
* Relationship management
* Develop and maintain relationships with key partners including banks, and insurance agencies.
* Process management
* Continuous process improvement - Develop, maintain and communicate accounting policies and procedures
* Special projects
* Ad hoc analysis summarizing information and trends o Lead financing activities - Loans/re-financings, etc.
* 4-year Accounting/ Finance degree
* 3 - 5 years of accounting/ finance experience
* Must be resourceful with the ability to research and find answers to questions and issues as they arise.
* Must be an assertive self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision and guidance.
* Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Construction industry experience
* Experience with Quickbooks and/or ViewPoint
* Experience with the percentage of completion accounting for contractors
* Familiarity with basic tax concepts and business tax returns e.g. 1065, the 1120S, Sales Tax
The fair market Assumption for this role is between $75,000- $100,000
The above salary range represents Cobalt's good faith and reasonable estimate of the possible base compensation range at the time of posting and is one part of the total rewards package this client provides to employees.