Yonkers, New York
US$70000.00 - US$115000.00 per annum
Our client is a construction management firm that focuses on residential multifamily projects. They are seeking an Assistant Superintendent for their upcoming project in Westchester County.
The Assistant Superintendent is responsible for the supervision of the ongoing construction process of the project within the guidelines of the contract documents and company procedures. The Assistant Superintendent will work directly with the Lead Superintendent to operate the day-to-day work of field staff and the subcontractors and shows the ability to lead in accelerated contract schedules while maintaining fiscal responsibility, quality assurance, quality control, and morale of the project team.
- Oversee ground up residential projects, including supervising of the day-to-day work.
- Work closely with the Lead Superintendent in the day-to-day management of the project's construction plan.
- Assist the team in maintaining and distribution of the construction documents to subcontractors, including Plans, Specifications, RFI's, Bulletins, and Field Reports.
- Monitor day to day contractor performance and ensure safety requirements by performing regular field inspections.
- Maintain project documents including progress reports, detailed project schedule updates, and financial/budget updates.
- Communicating appropriately with the proper parties and keep them fully informed of progress and any significant technical problems/solutions and their effect on design, schedule and/or costs.
- Attend and participate in weekly and/or monthly meetings with customers and clients providing updates on the status of construction and addressing concerns of said customers and clients.
- Help create logistics and expedite the permitting and approvals process as necessary
- A minimum of three (3) years construction experience, with strong knowledge of structural and interior work
- Residential multifamily ground up experience preferred.
- The ability to establish documents and procedures that focus on site safety.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with a team focused, proactive mentality.
- Knowledge of applicable software; Microsoft Projects, Procore, etc
- 30-hour OSHA