New York, United States of America
Construction Estimator - New York City
Our client is a well-established, profitable General Contractor specializing in intricate construction services throughout NYC. As they see continued growth, they are looking to add an experienced and dedicated Estimator to assist in bidding and winning projects.
To leverage field experience, industry knowledge and solid analytical skills to prepare accurate quantity take-offs. Specific tasks include:
- Prepare take-off & pricing for a variety of ground-up residential construction opportunities, by reviewing, interpreting, and accurately estimating scope of work as outlined in project documents
- Pilot thorough analysis of drawings and specifications by researching selected products from a cost and constructability perspective
- Attend Pre-bid meetings where value engineering options and costs, as well as estimating productions and scheduling are provided and presented
- Perform detailed project cost estimate using company estimating software
- Compose and oversee all aspects of estimating including; pre-construction, hard bids, negotiated bids, budgets, value engineering, subcontractor bidding and general conditions.
- Work collaboratively with owner and Project Managers to ensure flawless project delivery.
ONLY candidates that can display the following experience and qualities will be considered:
- At least 5+ years of General Contracting estimating experience - specifically in the five boroughs of NYC
- Highly proficient in industry specific software, such as Bluebeam, On-Screen Takeoff & Excel
- First class references, strong leadership and communication skills and a can do, team focused proactive mentality.
- A home location that enables daily attendance to the office in New York City.
Compensation: Competitive Base + Benefits.