Manhattan, New York
Our client is a Construction General Contractor in Westchester specializing in all aspects of residential projects throughout the state. They are looking to add a knowledgeable Estimator/Procurement Manager to further develop the existing department.
- 3+ years of experience in related role
- Strong technical skills in purchasing systems - willing to learn new processes
- Knowledge of the construction industry and materials needed for projects
- Highly proficient in industry specific software
- First class references, strong leadership and communication skills and a can do, team focused proactive mentality.
- Location that enables commute easy commute to Westchester
- Acquire cost-effective materials necessary for project completion
- Interact with vendors and ensure good rapport
- Maintain construction procurement schedule
- Coordinate with Project Managers to ensure project construction schedule is successful
- Use software to increase efficiency of procurement
- Prepare take-off & pricing for a variety of ground-up residential construction opportunities, by reviewing, interpreting, and accurately estimating scope of work as outlined in project documents
- Pilot thorough analysis of drawings and specifications by researching selected products from a cost and constructability perspective
- Attend Pre-bid meetings where value engineering options and costs, as well as estimating productions and scheduling are provided and presented
- Perform detailed project cost estimate using company estimating software
- Compose and oversee all aspects of estimating including; pre-construction, hard bids, negotiated bids, budgets, value engineering, subcontractor bidding and general conditions.
- Work collaboratively with owner and Project Managers to ensure flawless project delivery.