New York, United States of America
US$100000.00 - US$150000.00 per annum + medical, 401k & bonus
My client is a full-service mechanical, plumbing & HVAC general contractor servicing the New York City metropolitan area. As a wholly owned subsidiary of an ENR-ranked general contractor, the company is proud to be affiliated with some of the most high-profile public works projects in NYC.
They are currently seeking an MEP Project Manager with at least 5 years of experience You must possess strong project management skills involving construction, scheduling, budget control, and client interaction to define project requirements and establishing project work plans and deadlines. The most qualified applicants will have experience working as Construction Manager at-Risk on large-scale public works projects in NYC.
- Oversee MEP procurement, project budgets, quality, safety, engineering, coordination, scheduling, installation, commissioning, and close-out processes.
- Create effective working relationships with clients and project team members.
- Act as Client Liaison for all project matters.
- Lead and Communicate with Field Supervision, Subcontractors and Vendors to assist them in working to the project schedule as it pertains to MEPs.
- Responsible to directly manage the safety, quality, and conformity of the MEP scope on the project (Project Start-up, RFIs, Submittals, Change Orders, etc.).
- Confirm drawings and specifications accurately reflect the desired construction quality and scope; support preconstruction activities to ensure consistency with the project.
- Oversee financial aspects of the Owners contract, subcontracts, and purchase orders.
- Review the general contract and contract documents and confirm the budget setup and project targets in conjunction with the project lead.
- Maintain and manage all purchase and delivery schedules, change order processes, shop drawings, document control logs, Owner, Architect and Subcontractor correspondence.
- Organize and provide direction for MEPS budget estimating, purchasing, engineering, accounting, cost and construction functions as they relate to the completion of the project.
- Oversee Project and Subcontractor closeout, consolidate all project documentation and files.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field
- At least 5+ years of experience working in construction management for a general contractor or MEP contractor, with at least one large-scale public works project as Construction Manager at-Risk
- Strong communications skills and relationship-building skills
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions with a thorough understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve results
Job Type: Full-time
* Monday to Friday
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
* Construction Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
* Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)