Queens, New York
Our client is a nationally ranked leader with pre-construction, general construction and construction management services. They are seeking project engineers at the junior level to work on existing and upcoming projects at LaGuardia Airport in Queens NY.
- Assist Project Managers and Superintendents with the interpretation of design drawings, specifications, project documentation, operation planning, scheduling, etc.
- Performing engineering tasks requiring standard techniques and solving problems of a technical nature arising during construction.
- Manage field activities and implement engineering designs.
- Conduct indoor/outdoor inspections.
- Investigating problems and/or reported incidents, identifying and recommending solutions/alternatives as appropriate.
- Reviewing plans and specifications to determine material requirements (quantities and qualities), pricing of materials, etc.
- Supervise and ensure all safety protocols are met.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 1-3 years of previous experience as a project engineer or similar role is preferred
- Experience with projects in the NY public sector preferred
- Be willing to fully participate in job assignments at the job site to which assigned
- Willingness to commute to LaGuardia Airport
- Have ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Have ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize
- Competitive base + bonus + benefits