New York, United States of America
US$150000.00 - US$175000.00 per annum
Title: (Sr.) Project Manager, Construction
Location: New York City
Competitive base + Bonus + Benefits
Our client is a well-established NYC based General Contractor/CM specializing in commercial projects from full buildouts and renovations to large scale new construction. They are seeking a talented Project Manager to assist with new and existing construction.
- Able to build, understand and maintain a project budget.
- Have a complete understanding of the RFI process, including keeping and maintaining RFI logs.
- Able to assist in the preparation of prime contracts, subcontracts & purchase orders.
- Understand the differences between payment bonds and performance bonds and be able to request and execute as needed.
- Have a complete understanding of the submittal process and be capable of maintaining a submittal log.
- Knowledge of how to keep and maintain a project schedule.
- Schedule, hold and attend project meetings as required by the owner, GC or as the project requires.
- Complete understanding of blueprints/drawings.
- Understands specifications/efficient in finding information in a spec book.
- Able to execute and process change orders and change events.
- Able to process invoices from vendors, subcontractors etc.
- Able to perform the punch list process and understands the as-built and closeout process.
- Able to read through the front end of contracts and identify red flags or any cautionary items.
- Able to cultivate sales & new prospective clients/customers.
- Perform any other duties as required.
- OSHA 10, OSHA 30
- Proficiency in Procore is a plus.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of construction industry experience preferred.
- Relevant project experience in Healthcare, interiors/tenant improvements and industrial conversion.
- A degree in Construction Management, Design or Engineering a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills, exceptional attention to detail and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility for assigned tasks.
- Home base commutable in and around New York City.