Red Bank, New Jersey
US$100000 - US$115000 per annum
A key Property Accounting Manager role has arisen at a well-established, growing, fully integrated Real estate developer. Reporting directly to the Controller, the Property Accounting Manager will be integral to the growth and development of the firm's multi-family portfolio. This position will suit an individual looking to take the next step into employee management.
Property Accounting Manager
* The Property Accounting Manager will review all multi-family residential property accounting aspects.
* Oversee accounts payable/receivable, deposits, reconciliations, audit management and fees, monthly financial statements, and cash analysis.
* Review monthly financials prepared for all entities and portfolios.
* Partner with property managers to review monthly variance reports.
* Prepare cash analysis for properties as requested.
* Ensure proper company accounting policies and procedures are being followed.
* Serve as liaison between Accounting, Asset management, operations, and third-party accounting teams.
* Serve as problem solver between 3rd party accounting firms and in-house corporate team members.
* Manage relationships with lenders, investors, and other stakeholders.
* Ensure the financial integrity of properties assigned to a team by reviewing monthly financial reports.
* Perform audit liaison responsibilities for internal and external financial audits.
* Assist in new property onboarding and dispositions as assigned.
* Ensure critical dates are met (taxes, insurance, debt payments, etc.)
* Effectively communicate team updates to the Controller weekly
* Participate in the execution of strategic initiatives such as Information Technology, Policies and Procedures, etc.
* Use detailed technical accounting skills to assess the appropriateness of accounting treatment.
* Ensure cash flow management to pay the property expenses and adequately predict funding needs.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting
* 3-5 years experience in property or public accounting in real estate.
* Independent thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
* An understanding of and prior experience with residential properties is required.
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including advanced Excel and Power BI.
* Experience with Yardi Voyager 7S experience is Required.
The Fair market Assumption for this role's base salary is between $100,000 and $115,000 annually
The above salary range represents Cobalt's good faith and reasonable estimate of the possible base compensation range at the time of posting and is one part of the total rewards package this client provides to employees.