New York, United States of America
US$200000.00 - US$225000.00 per annum + Benefits
Senior Legal Counsel - Real Estate
New York, NY
c$200,000 Base + Bonus + Benefits
Our client is an internationally recognized Owner/Developer/Operator with in excess of $65B AUM across the world. They have a diverse portfolio consisting primarily of commercial, retail, data center, logistics, and industrial assets, and are actively and continually investing and acquiring additional properties.
Provide critical legal guidance to US business teams, while working closely with VP, Executive and General Counsel. Responsibilities include:
- Provide sensible and resourceful advice and solutions to internal clients on a variety of Real Estate matters.
- Offer up-to-date legal and compliance perspective to Asset and Property Management teams across the regional US offices.
- Ensure that all applicable state and federal legislation and regulations are adhered to while executing any transactional or operational activities
- Compose and review all agreements, including management-related documents, leases, purchase agreements, etc.
- Work in tandem with external counsel when necessary, regarding any litigation matters
- Participate in consistent presentations to Senior Management
- Ad hoc duties as necessary
Our client has established a close-knit team and wants to ensure this continues. In order to be considered for interview you should be able to demonstrate:
- At least 8+ years of post-law school relevant experience, particularly in the commercial and industrial real estate asset classes
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited U.S. Law School
- Strong fund structuring and complex real estate transaction exposure
- In-house counsel experience preferred
- Dedication to integrity, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of all relevant current US State and Federal laws pertaining to Real Estate
- A home location that enables an easy commute to the NYC office.