Borough of Queens, New York
With over 40 years' experience and a well-developed repeat customer list our client is a privately-owned, progressive Contractor operating throughout the NY region. With a reputation for quality and service they have seen significant growth in both union and non-union work and are looking to add qualified Steel Detailers to the team.
Working within a well-established team you will oversee the production of shop and field drawings in accordance with project contract drawings, addendum and specifications, building code and industry steel standards. In addition, you will:
· Review contract drawings prior to detailing.
· Create all documents required for material procurement.
· Work closely with the Head of Operations and Project Managers to highlight any discrepancies and ensure field-related issues are minimized.
· Co-ordinate the project alongside clients and external vendors/suppliers.
In order to be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate:
· Extensive Steel Detailer experience and a first-class knowledge of Structural and Miscellaneous Metals.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD and Tekla are mandatory.
· A strong work ethic, good communication skills and the ability to contribute to a positive team environment.
· A home location that makes regular commuting to Queens feasible.
Competitive base + benefits