- GBP45000.00 - GBP50000 per annum
- UK, South West & Wales
- Construction & Engineering, Construction Management
- 5th December 2019
- Job Type
Position: Completions Manager
Location: South West England
Salary and package: up to 50,000 depending on experience with full package consisting of company car or car allowance, pension, private medical, holiday etc
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Completions Manager to work on one of Europe's largest construction projects. With an estimated value in the billions, this is very much a once in a career opportunity. This is a stable and long term project, approaching peak production phase.
The Completions Manager is accountable for ensuring all appropriate records are collated throughout the life cycle of the project and checked at the associated procedural review points, along with ensuring completed Documentation is Uploaded onto EDRMS.
The Completions Manager will report to the Completions Delivery Lead, whilst liaising directly with the relevant Construction Delivery Lead(s), for their portfolio of concurrent interfaces and handovers. The Completions Manager will have a number of additional Stakeholder Interface.
The Completions Manager will facilitate and contribute into Project Wide Management issues which require a high level of interaction and coordination with the Site Wide Team, third Party Contractors and other parties.
In addition to the reporting and liaising accountabilities, the Completions Manager will be required to adhere to and suggest enhancements and improvements to company policies, procedures and protocols for Project Delivery/Close Out, Handover, Quality Control and Record Keeping.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Managing adherence to and compliance of the Construction Team, the wider Contract Partner, to the process steps of the End of Construction Status Report (ECSR) and End of Erection Status Report (EESR) are followed and periodically reviewed, in accordance with procedural requirements.
- Ensure that the Contractor is fully aware of their obligations, in regards to the WI and its Handover requirements. Organises any training or familiarisation of those requirements, to better prepare the Contractor to deliver the correct documentation at the appropriate time, in the Project Life Cycle.
- Monitor and track to closure, those NCRs and FCRs that are deemed to be Level II exceptions on the Handover Certificates and drive the prompt close out of all Level I, to enable handover.
- Work with the Project Manager, other Completions Teams and wider MDT, to ensure that the content of the Lifetime Quality Records are updated and those aspects relating to the collation of Records and Completions Documentation are fit for purpose.
- Liaise with Tier 1 Contractors and associated partners in order to ensure that the collation of any IDS, ECSR's or EESR's are available, in order to include them in the overarching Handover Certificate
- Responsibility for the direction of Completions Coordinators, ensuring they are supporting the Completions Manager and MDT in working towards Handover Certificate generation and acceptance.
To be successful in this role, it is anticipated that you:
- Have the ability to manage, influence and mediate between all Stakeholders, including those at a very senior level, associated with multiple handovers, coordinating their activities, in order to collate the appropriate documentation, to ensure sequential, successful handover of assets.
- Manage the strategic planning of the collation of handover documentation.
- Possess excellent organisation and communication skills
- Develop a broad knowledge of the processes and procedures, for continued delivery of Handovers.
- Ensure both client and contractor, work together for the successful completion of Handovers.
- Display a good working knowledge of project and commercial principles affecting construction matters, relating to handover
- Be able to write informative, concise and meaningful reports
- Motivate and energise stakeholders, by building a climate of collaboration.
- Extensive experience in the delivery of large, complex projects, including Power, Chemical and Industrial
- Experience of successfully completing sections with a value of £50M to £100M on similar sized complex projects (£1B - £3B)
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent vocational training and experience
- Experience of operating in a high security environment.
- Experience in the installation and erection of large Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Plant, with Nuclear Experience being an advantage.
- Operate effectively, within an MDT and coordinating works external to it, developing relationships with various NNB Departments and Contractor Partners.
- Support and advise Team members and Contract partners on those Procedural requirements that must be adhered to, in order to implement a successful handover.
- Liaise with Construction, Project and Contractor personnel, to drive the logical, sequential, collation of all required Handover Documentation.
- Adopt a results-focused mind set, using initiative wherever possible and taking personal responsibility and accountability to ensure necessary action is taken to deliver excellence, value and quality.
- Be forward thinking, strategically developing future handovers in accordance with Process and procedural requirements.
- Be alert and responsive to the need for change by encouraging new thinking and initiatives
- -Make autonomous decisions and operate with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills in English required, knowledge of French can be an advantage
Please do not hesitate to contact Joshua Misailidis on firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call on 020 7478 2576 in confidence for a more comprehensive discussion surrounding what we feel is an excellent opportunity.