Design Manager - Civils
- GBP65000 - GBP70000 per annum
- UK, Berkshire
- Construction & Engineering, Design Management
- 27th November 2019
- Job Type
Position: Design Manager - Civils
Salary: up to 70,000 DOE with strong benefits including company car/car allowance, pension, holiday, private medical etc
Location: Berkshire/West London, UK
As a result of ongoing strategic growth, a major tier one contractor is currently seeking to attract a Design Manger to work on Major infrastructure projects in the Reading/London region.
They are looking for an imaginative, highly technical individual to join their business and support in the technical delivery of this project and others in the future. You will have the opportunity work on some of the most prestigious and technically challenging projects across the South East and the UK.
The Design Manager is responsible for the management of the design on a specific bid or project as well as to manage the design process to comply with the policies and procedures contained within their governance systems.
- Identify design requirements for the bid from the clients brief
- To deliver the correct design by realising the design opportunities and mitigating the risks to ensure bid winning solutions or projects can be delivered Select and assess design team or if novated undertake appropriate checks
- Appoint the design team, agree schedules of responsibilities and fee agreements for services/design deliverable's and resourcing requirements
- Manage the Design Team, the design development and design review process
- Manage and monitor performance of consultants to liaise with Statutory Bodies or Statutory Authorities for compliance sign off
- Undertake regular site inspections to make sure the built product meets design intent and take appropriate action if not
- Manage and monitor design delivery against agreed deliverable dates, and report to project team
- Be responsible for developing the design programme with consultants and planner for bids or projects.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant construction qualification
- Hold a relevant chartered Membership of a Professional Institute or working towards gaining membership
- A valid CSCS card is required
- Maintain working knowledge of industry standards & technical innovations
- Ability to influence the design, without designing
- Good understanding of BIM and software required to manage the process
- To have a flexible and positive approach towards change
- Be a strong influencer, organised and methodical
- Team Player - Treats everyone with personal and professional respect
- Openly & willingly listens to others & challenges inappropriate behaviour
Please do not hesitate to contact Joshua Misailidis on firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call on 020 7478 2576 in confidence for a more comprehensive discussion surrounding what we feel is an excellent opportunity for a Design Manager.