Design Manager / Design Coordinators
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Construction & Engineering, Architecture & Design
- 15th October 2019
- Job Type
After securing another high profile $200M+ project, this Australasian commercial construction client has the need for both a Design Coordinator/Project Coordinator and a Design Manager. This opportunity led business has made a name for itself since establishing in Auckland, with high rise and reputable projects all over Auckland City. Their approach since entering the market has been second to none, with a high level of accountability on the way projects are delivered, with a clear design scope, risk mitigation, and partnering with the right players to deliver on time and within budget. This multi-million dollar project will be no different.
You will work with a high performing Project Manager and on site team, who encourage accountability for their work, and think commercially, and outside the box, to provide immense value and a difference to their clients.
These roles will be to assist with and lead the coordination and management of the detailed design and ensure design documentation is provided. You will liaise with designers and stakeholders, support the senior design engineers, support the on site team and ensure the team are working to accurate and considered set out information at all times.
- Liaise with subcontractors and prepare coordination drawings
- Use Auto CAD and Revit to carry out clash detection
- Review Architect and Consultants drawings to check for coordination
- Work on tender submissions, document completeness and proposal of alternative/value management options
- Attend and run design meetings/workshops with the Architect and Consultants
- Ensure all design information is available for the Site Team and is fully coordinated with all design disciplines
- Any other associated duties as required including team management and client liaison
The ideal candidate:
- A tertiary qualification in Architecture, Building Science or CAD Technician
- Be logical, analytical and a strong problem solver
- Display initiative and commercial awareness
- Articulate, confident and thorough
- Have a good understanding of the NZ building code
- Also demonstrate a good understanding of construction and commercial detailing
- Excellent communicator and solutions orientated
If you are a skilled professional in the Construction industry, and would like to confidentially discuss these roles, or a similar discipline in the building industry, please apply now.