Senior Project Manager - Wellington
- NZD130000 - NZD170000 per annum
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Construction & Engineering, Project Management
- 10th February 2020
- Job Type
With an extensive history of delivering in the commercial Quantity Surveying space throughout NZ, this international business is expanding their reach in Wellington across the lifecycle of Project Management. With projects now secured and pricing a further portfolio, there is an obvious need for a Senior delivery professional to establish themselves in this Wellington Office. This role would see you working on a diverse portfolio, relevant to your experience, with a variety of stakeholders across the public and private sector. You would be well integrated in the wider senior management team, playing a crucial part in identifying opportunities and building out a team to pursue these, while being seen as a "go to" person across the wider business.
You will focus on providing successful end to end delivery and management of project services to your clients, while also being involved in certain aspects of the lifecycle such as feasibility, procurement and design management. This role would provide you with accountability and autonomy that a senior role should, while having a visible career path to ongoing development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create and execute project work plans and revise where appropriate to meet changing requirements
- Precise and hands on end to end delivery experience
- Conduct project review meetings, dealing with contractors work progress, schedule reviews and construction coordination
- Manage day to day operational aspects of projects
- Effectively ensure that relevant information is communicated with your team and clients in a timely manner
- Grow the local presence, act on opportunities to grow the team
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 6-8 years of demonstrated project management experience
- NZ life cycle delivery experience and local contractual knowledge
- Tertiary level qualification
- Engineer to the contract or Engineers Rep would be highly advantageous
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with stakeholders and the client in a professional manner
- A strong understanding and knowledge of building code and compliance
This role would give you a new challenge, where you can be a part of a growth story, and firmly establish a service line, further than it's current capabilities. It will see you working with ambitious and intelligent individuals across the wider business, all working towards the same common goals. Competitive salary on offer, commensurate of experience.
Your application will be treated with strict confidence. For more information, please contact Rachel McNickle on (09) 303 9093.