Assistant Asset Manager
- New Zealand, Auckland
- Property & Real Estate, Asset Management (Real Estate)
- 7th August 2018
- Job Type
Assistant Asset Manager
One of New Zealand’s most dynamic listed property companies, Augusta, is recruiting for an Assistant Asset Manager based in Auckland. Supporting both the Asset Manager and senior team, this new role is testament to their continued growth, progressive resource planning and development of the business towards its goal of becoming New Zealand’s leading property funds manager.
Listed on the NZX, Augusta actively manages more than $1.85b of assets including office, retail and industrial properties throughout NZ and Australia. Their diverse interests also take in tourism infrastructure and residential asset classes, both strategic growth areas for the company.
This role provides a unique opportunity to focus on the asset management discipline at an early stage in your property career and broaden your horizons from any core or related degree background.
Gaining key exposure across Augusta’s impressive portfolio, which holds the ideal balance of commercial, industrial and retail asset classes, this post has genuine scope to fast-track your career. It is not often that a role arises at this level offering the breadth of responsibilities and exposure to in-house portfolio management. Key responsibilities and duties you will be assisting on will include: -
- Work with appointed property managers and facilities managers around all aspects of property and facilities management.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the properties and encumbering tenancies within the allocated portfolio.
- Prepare and facilitate Annual Strategic Review documents, develop strategic objectives to achieve for each respective property.
- Develop and monitor a vacancy schedule across the portfolio and work with the Asset Manager on strategies to reduce vacancies.
- Communicate and meet with agents on a regular basis to ensure that portfolio vacancies are forefront of their minds. Assist management prepare and run marketing campaigns to actively market vacant and pending premesis.
- Inspecting properties and regularly meeting tenants to pro-actively review general business matters, repairs & maintenance and for obtaining key information to aid in developing property strategies.
- Prepare Notice of Meetings for each Scheme’s Annual Meeting, co-ordinating with investors to ensure quorums and resolution thresholds are met. Assist in preparing the Annual Managers’ letter, PowerPoints etc. Attend annual meetings and take minutes.
- Preparation of draft material for investor communication such as update letters, quarterly reports etc.
- Lease management strategy for rent reviews, lease renewals and variations.
- Acquisitions and disposals: Reinstatements, settlement of LL accounts, sub-leases and significant support on negotiations to acquire new sites.
- Financial Management: Upkeep of lease profile, rentals, landlord information, budget reporting and lease accruals.
- Key reporting on other matters such as approvals, quarterly reports, minor works prioritisation and leasing strategy.
To be considered for the role of you are likely to have the following skills and attributes:
- Degree educated with 1-4 years’ post-graduation experience gained working in a related discipline such as property management, valuation, property law etc.
- Highly aspirational with a outlooked aligned to focusing on the variety and breadth offered by a career in client-side commercial asset management.
- A proven track-record of being the ‘best in class’ in your chosen career field year to date, with the passion to expand this into involvement in property and investment at the top level.
- Commercial aware with the enthusiasm and latent potential to operate at a strategic level, supporting on devising and executing plans with appreciation of the wider goals and core operations of the group.
- Knowledge of financial management, modelling and budgets in relation to all real estate matters.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills for working with numerous group and external supplier functions.
- A robust and confident character, with a customer-focused approach to deal tactfully with a diverse range of people.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills to support on report writing at the highest level.
- A collaborate worker with the acumen to think laterally.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situations.
This is an exciting new role that affords the opportunity to move client-side and at the same time, expand your skills in both the transactional and strategic asset management aspects of property.
If you possess the desire to fast-track your career by an increased level of responsibility and associated recognition and, are interest to join the Augusta team in Auckland, please submit your interest via the link above, or alternatively for a confidential conversation please contact Christian Lawrence at Cobalt Recruitment on (09) 303 9093