- GBP40000.00 - GBP45000.00 per annum + package
- UK, Midlands
- Property & Real Estate, Facilities Management
- 13th March 2019
- Job Type
Cobalt Recruitment is actively seeking a Building Manager to take the reigns of a large scale commercial development in Birmingham City Centre. This landmark property is owned and managed by a developer with a specific focus on proactively investing in stand-out sites across the UK, as well as regenerating disused or distressed properties into prime commercial spaces. Their refreshing approach to Real Estate has seen them grow from strength to strength over the last 30 years, and they are looking to invest just as much in their staff going forward.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Working with your on-site staff, both in-house and contracted, in order to provide a top tier total FM service throughout the development;
- Undertaking regular site inspections, ensuring full H&S compliance throughout the property;
- Overseeing lifecycle maintenance and project works to building plant and fabric;
- Keeping an open and transparent dialogue with tenants, fostering long term working relationships with key representatives;
- Drafting and managing the service charge budget;
- Being involved in the procurement of specialist contractors as well as managing their work on a day to day basis;
As the successful applicant, you will display a wealth of knowledge in Building Management with a strong understanding of M&E from a total FM perspective, as well as backing up your H&S knowledge with either an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification. You will be confident in leading a proactive service delivery, and be able to interact with stakeholders at all levels of seniority, in order to take the lead of fostering a sense of community engagement within the development.