Group Living Team Manager
- UK, North East & Yorkshire
- Property & Real Estate, Residential
- 4th October 2018
- Job Type
Group Living Team Manager
My client offers a wide range of services that set the standard in meeting the needs of a diversity of organisations, and has accommodated and supported over 7000 vulnerable people in a variety of local communities.
The focus is on providing leading-edge care solutions in safe, secure, good quality housing. They welcome into their charge people leaving care, refugees, asylum seekers, the homeless, young offenders and individuals with medical conditions who are in need of housing and support.
1. To be responsible for operational management and supervisory duties, including:
- Manage agreed outcomes within budget
- Financial accountability
- Day to day management of the Shared Unit
- Ensure compliance with regard to all heath and safety regulations
- Maintaining agreed staffing ratio's
- Line management of staff
- Staff supervisions/appraisals
- Staff development
- Recruitment and selection of staff
- Discipline and grievance procedures
2. Be responsible for maximising the performance of the team ensuring that all staff are clear about what is expected of them, are working to measurable targets and clear standards. Monitor performance and provide clear and constructive feedback to staff. Recognise and reward good performance, and address issues of under performance.
3. Identify new business opportunities and advise the Divisional Manager and work together with them on developing proposals for new opportunities.
4. Ensure you keep up to date with current and emerging statutory and legislative changes and identify any changes to business requirements and any training requirements which are necessary.
5. Assist in the negotiation of contracts and Service Level Agreements on behalf of the Company and ensure complete service delivery of contracted and non-contracted agreements
6. Provide appropriate returns to the Divisional Manager in compliance with company policies and procedures with regard to operations, human resources, financial and legal obligations.
7. To contribute and assist in human resource planning to meet the needs of the business.
8. To effectively utilise IT packages to support the work of the company and to positively contribute to the development of such systems.
9. To ensure cost effective sourcing of accommodation for the Company under the guidance of the Directors. Additionally, maintain and assist in the development of accommodation standards for the company.
10. Ensure the Shared Units are maintained to the standard set through individual client contract and/or company standard and that stock is returned, through the Housing Officer, to Agents/Landlords in a timely manner.
11. To ensure regular inspections of accommodation are carried out and any remedial action undertaken.
12. To ensure all accommodation meets safety standards as set out in prevailing legislation and contractual obligation.
13. Represent the department and company at meetings and committees providing clear advice and input. Attend and advise external bodies, including partner meetings, specialist groups and local providers as required.
14. Ensure effective management of health and safety in the Shared Units. Carry out risk assessments as necessary, ensure suitable arrangements are in place and monitor their effectiveness.
15. Deputise for other managers in their absence and undertake duty manager on-call duties as and when appropriate.
1. Ensuring the highest standards of quality are achieved in all duties carried out.
2. Communicating effectively within the team, with other teams and across the company as a whole.
3. Conducting all activities in a manner in line with the company's vision, promoting good external relations and a positive image of the company.
4. Responsible for meeting individual performance targets as agreed with post holder's manager.
5. Supporting the culture of cross sectional working, encouraging a culture of project work focusing on the objectives of the company as a whole. Actively participating or leading in projects and corporate tasks as required.
6. Reporting on such performance, management and operational information as requested by the post-holders manager.
7. Implementing risk assessments, including fire risk and evacuation procedures.
Health and Safety
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the company Health and Safety policies and procedures.
The post holder is required to have due regard to equal opportunities at all times, and to work in a fair and reasonable manner towards all people, ensuring service standards are maintained for all cultures.
The post holder is required to observe and maintain strict confidentiality in respect of guests, clients and all company information.
The duties and responsibilities in this role profile are not exhaustive. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties that may be required from time to time within the general scope of the post. Any such duties should not substantially change the general character of the post. Duties and responsibilities outside the general scope of this post will be mutually agreed with the post holder.
Experience of working with vulnerable adults in a similar capacity is essential - candidates will not be considered for this position if they do not have experience and/or relevant qualifications.