National Operations Manager
- Negotiable + benefits
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Property & Real Estate, Corporate Property & Real Estate
- 30th July 2019
- Job Type
Leading property and asset advisory consultancy is seeking to secure a proven manager to oversee NZ operations for a key client based in their Auckland head office. The role comes at a time where the business is embarking on an exciting period of continued growth, change and operational development leading to them requiring leadership and operational management for their integrated facilities function.
The role of National Facilities & Operations Manager will work on the leadership and service delivery aspects of a key client's national operations with a broad remit of managing key contracts, minor projects, maintenance and FM. With overarching objectives to provide best practice and cost-effective FM solutions, this role will draw up technical know-how, high-level relationship management and financial acumen.
Overseeing their existing facilities contracts covering both hard and soft FM components, this globally recognised client requires an experienced consultancy services and facilities leader to manage a high-performing team, meet contract deliverables, co-ordinate key stakeholders and drive change.
You will be seeking a new challenge as a team manager for this exciting lead role. The ideal candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the assigned account and ensure all contract and operation services are delivered and compliant while remaining in accordance with budgets.
- Run a maintenance programme to ensure the upkeep of building fabric, plant and equipment and operational contracts.
- Budgetary responsibility including management of services to meet all Opex and Capex spend.
- Select and review contractors when appropriate and manage their activities.
- Implement asset life-cycle management reviews and work with other professional to devise value-add preventative maintenance schedules.
- Responsibility for the existing FM team allocated to the contract, supporting on hiring and mentoring into the team, and onward training and development.
- Key point of contact with landlord's property professionals and external services providers to successfully execute maintenance, refurbishment and servicing works.
- Manage statutory compliance and HSE policies.
- Key point of contact and communication for client stakeholders both in the head office and NZ wide outlets.
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished property or facilities professional with extensive knowledge of commercial / industrial or ideally retail property portfolios. With a background in in-house FM or from a service provider or consultancy organisation, it is a highly autonomous role with the scope to advance into a wider group leadership function.
You will have a proven track-record of establishing and improving facilities across multiple objectives, coupled with the capability to advise and influence external suppliers. As an account leader and national manager you will have excellent organisation, communication and negotiations skills that you would associate within the professional services sector.
If you're interested to learn more about this opportunity please submit your interest via the link above, or alternatively for a confidential conversation and to receive the full job specification please contact Christian Lawrence on (09) 303 9093