Residential Block Manager - Reading
- GBP30000.00 - GBP35000.00 per annum + Benefits + Flexi Working
- UK, Berkshire
- Property & Real Estate, Property Management
- 8th February 2019
- Job Type
Residential Block Manager - Reading
A privately owned property management company are currently seeking an experienced residential block manager to join there growing team.
This company deliver a fresh, practical and hands on approach to property management and are very successful at building long term relationships with both Leaseholders and property developers. They understand the importance of providing an efficient and reliable service which has resulted in gaining a solid industry reputation and high volumes of new business.
They pride themselves on their focus to career development and invest in all there employees to ensure career progression opportunities are offered at every level.
Duties for this position include (but not limited to):
- The management of a residential portfolio
- Carry out inspections of your managed portfolio, usually monthly but as necessary, to check upon the condition of the buildings and grounds, ascertain works of repair and to monitor and supervise on site staff and contractors.
- Liaise with Developers, Resident Directors, Committees, lessees, residents, contractors and others as required, including dealing with telephone calls, faxes, emails and personal visits expediently and in a timely and courteous manner. Ensuring that all appropriate people are kept fully informed.
- Prepare annual service charge budgets in conjunction with the Accounts Department and the Developers/Resident Directors, as appropriate. Subsequently, ensuring that costs incurred stay in line with budgets.
- Instruct appropriate contractors for works of repair and/or maintenance, working within Landlord & Tenant Act procedures, including any changes to the Section 20 Act made in 2002, and the company's internal procedures in that regard. Subsequently supervising works as required, ensuring invoices are correct and approving them.
- Dealing expediently with insurance claims and associated works, liaising with loss adjusters and others as appropriate.
- Checking compliance with, and enforcement of, the terms of leases and statutory requirements.
- Attending resident's meetings, board meetings and AGMs. Subsequently preparing, agreeing and circulating minutes as appropriate.
- Liaise with Accounts Department and others as required, regarding payment of service charges and other charges. Assisting with arrears collection if required, including attending court where necessary.
- Dealing with specifications for major works, obtaining competitive tenders, circulating resident directors, advising them and obtaining instructions, preparing Landlord & Tenant Act Notices and appropriate supporting documentation, and circulating to lessees. Subsequently instructing contractors and supervising works in progress and on completion as appropriate. Approving (not authorising) consequent payments.
- Comply with Health & Safety Policy and ensure that on site staff and contractors, lessees and residents do so also.
The ideal block manager will have:
- AIRPM qualified or higher
- Property management experience gained in a similar role
- Experience chairing AGM's
- Good knowledge of service charge budget formulation, collection of service charges and dealing with arrears
- Experience of preparing and serving Section 20 notices in connection with major works to be carried out
- Experience of delivering maintenance programmes including working knowledge of periodic maintenance schedules
- A strong understanding of current building and leasehold legislation, safety procedures and health and safety processes
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills, with a Pleasant, helpful and efficient manner and a can do, proactive attitude
- An ability to deal with demanding clients/customer and handle conflicting opinions
- An ability to multi-task, be highly organised, methodical and possess strong prioritisation skills
- Can demonstrate high customer focus and time management skills
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
This role offers a competitive salary of up to £35,000pa + Car/Car Allowance + Benefits + Elements of Home Based working
If you're interested in this opportunity please apply now or contact Benjamin Brazil at Cobalt for further information.