Manhattan, New York
US$70000.00 - US$80000.00 per annum
Title: Assistant Project Manager, Construction
Location: New York City
Competitive Base + Bonus + Benefits
Our client is a well-established NYC based full-service General Contractor specializing in commercial projects including corporate office full build outs and interiors. They are seeking a talented Assistant Project Manager to assist with new and existing construction.
- Able to build, understand and maintain a project budget.
- Have a complete understanding of the RFI process, including keeping and maintaining RFI logs.
- Able to assist in the preparation of prime contracts, subcontracts & purchase orders.
- Understand the differences between payment bonds and performance bonds and be able to request and execute as needed.
- Have a complete understanding of the submittal process and be capable of maintaining a submittal log.
- Knowledge of how to keep and maintain a project schedule.
- Schedule, hold and attend project meetings as required by the owner, GC or as the project requires.
- Complete understanding of blueprints/drawings.
- Using Procore for change orders, purchase orders, RFIs, and submittals
- Able to execute and process change orders and change events.
- Able to process invoices from vendors, subcontractors etc.
- Able to perform the punch list process and understands the as-built and closeout process.
- Able to read through the front end of contracts and identify red flags or any cautionary items.
- Able to cultivate sales & new prospective clients/customers.
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Proficiency in Procore
- Support multiple Project Managers with admin responsibilities - 3-5 projects at once; jobs under $20Mil
- Minimum of 1 years of General Contracting experience
- Relevant project experience in corporate office interiors
- A degree in Construction Management, Design or Engineering is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills, exceptional attention to detail and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility for assigned tasks.
- Home base commutable in and around New York City.