Edison, New Jersey
Title: Assistant Property Manager
Location: Edison, NJ
Competitive Base + Bonus + Benefits
Our client is a nationally ranked leader in Healthcare Real Estate and are seeking an Assistant Property Manager for Class A Medical Offices.
- The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for providing day to day property management services for assigned medical office and commercial office properties. The Assistant Property Manager will supervise a staff of building maintenance personnel based on the size and needs of the assigned portfolio.
- Working with the Property Management Team, develop a tenant relations program as it relates to building operations, comfort and maintaining a strong working relationship with each tenant.
- Meet with tenants as frequently as possible to obtain their comments and recommendations to ensure that operations and quality standards are maintained.
- Responsible for the collection of tenant rents.
- Assist brokerage team with leasing as requested.
- Manage maintenance staff to execute goal completion, initiatives, programs and objectives at their assigned properties.
- Be familiar with, and abide by all requirement for Property Management Agreements, and understand all landlord and tenant obligations as outlined in lease documents.
- Secure bids for service contracts for assigned properties. Prepare bid specifications, solicit competitive bids, make recommendations regarding contracted services to the Property Manager.
- Dispatch and monitor service request turnaround and ensure the responsiveness of the maintenance staff.
- Work closely with the properties maintenance staff to ensure that the daily work activity succeeds in creating maximum cost efficiencies for the owner.
- Maintain current files containing tenant and vendor certificates of insurance, tenant emergency notification information, building life safety security procedures, as-built drawings, building certificates of occupancy, warranty manuals and other records required for the efficient operation and administration of the property.
- Coordinate and manage energy management initiatives and sustainability programs.
- Initiate and authorize expenditures, appropriations and commitments, which are within the limitations of delegated authority and for those outside this level, recommend appropriate action to the Property Manager.
- Inspect each property on a regular basis to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of all personnel (including third party vendors).
- Attend and participate in monthly property management meetings with all property management staff.
- Assist in other areas as needed.
- Minimum 3 years if experience in commercial property management.
- Bachelors degree in Real Estate, Business, Finance or related.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Yardi is preferred.
- Must be professional, energetic and positive.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be easily commutable to New Brunswick, NJ